Race Meet the Parfelians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Shame. She was pretty talented. Hopefully she pops up somewhere else.

Seems like a bit of a bitter end though - but she doesn't owe us anything, and there are plenty other talented artists on the forum to occupy our time and make our jaws drop.

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

She still does Terraria art, i imagine she's still around on TO.

3. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I saw her there a few times when I was checking the updates.

4. Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I hate to see this happen but it happens a lot. Why do creative people turn into such prima donnas? :/

5. Bonabopn

Hey, we don't know for sure why she left. Maybe she had a legitimate reason.

6. Pretty sure "she" is a man, guys.

7. Bonabopn

shhhhhhhhhh
    i call people by whatever they want to be called
    and seeing as suika always has a female (or female-looking oni) avatar, i call them "her."

AstroBlast likes this.
  8. W1K

W1K Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you had signed a contract to give people the right to works you did make with all the possible effort making you really proud of them, then said people turn out being money whores who only care about bragging around the forum about how they badly spend their bad pre-order-kick-started moneys, along with managing community and project like shit and barelly ever producing anything gamedev-wise, I'm fairly sure everyone would flip the tables and leave for a place they do actually enjoy being part of.
    Who gives a fuck and how is that relevant.

Pingeh, Ketoth and Suika Ibuki like this.
  9. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Because creative people get used and abused.

10. Bonabopn

What's this about "badly spending their bad pre-order moneys"?

Ado likes this.
  11. W1K

W1K Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As far as human interraction goes, wasting who knows how much money and time on transfering everything over the frigging ocean is note quite an effective move. Internet and cloud sharing were made one day and sometimes people are like forgetting those do actually exist. I'm alright with they moving over closer to each others, but buying an office and making an huge deal about it along with using it an excuse to slow down the work of a game that barelly even started to shape? That doesn't quite motivate me into giving them my support, because all I see is they hanging around and me getting barelly ever satisfied by their works. What they do meanwhile other than doing their best to get back on track developing their only game (that's way long from being done)? They show us the pics of their office. Amazing. Everything that had followed the stupid kickstarter-like pre-order (kickstarter they didn't need because they were very well set to start this without all the dumb extra hype) has been one greedy action after the other. We even got the game incredibly late, missing a ton of contents we were supposed to get on the first day and promised DLCs that are probably not even coming because their project plans rely on throwing one idea after the other to feed their fans hype while developing none.

12. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well,I don't recall the Andonye thingies being put into the game.I know that Bietol got his race implemented(well,not yet).And I never really saw her...him....it...Suika being used or abused.You are free to correct me if I'm wrong.

13. W1K

W1K Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are multiple possible reason why you never heard of it:
    - You most likelly didn't care so didn't notice it.
    - She did not want to make it public because that would have caused drama.
    - The victim doesn't speak of the abuse (unless it did not really affect them at all). The witnessers do. What if there are none?

Also the point is there, Anodynes not being part of the game. Would you work hard on something, give it to anyone while being promised compensation (in this case being simple being recognized publicly for being the author of said work). Long story short, up to date, no Anodynes into the same, no compensation. Right to one big piece of work subtracted from yourself for no actual reason.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Ya know... Anodynes might be part of the game...
    You remember those things called codex?

And besides, cats in mechs.

15. W1K

W1K Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also there are codex entries for the Hylotl and you can't find them because there are no villages and dungeons yet. And it has been like this since the first release. They MIGHT BE IMPLEMENTED. That doesn't ensure anything.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Point being? Hylotl cities can't spawn in water due to the current world generation. Plus, Ocean worlds don't work yet either.
    Sure, we don't know if Andynoes will be included in the lore, but we don't don't know if they won't either.

17. W1K

W1K Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Point being they're not fucking done after months and what we're talking about here is a completelly new race that nobody knows when and whether it will ever come out. Patience is a thing but everyone has a godamn limit. Also yeah ofc what do they do to solve this one issue? They publish more games, they get in works of modders draining people's rights to their own works like they never existed or something.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

@Izzabelle should this thread be locked? I think it has run its course and OP clearly doesn't want to share their ideas anymore.

19. Good call. Yep -- locking this up :coffee:

Jonesy, AstroBlast and Owl_Stalker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.