Race Meet the Parfelians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychédélice

Psychédélice Space Spelunker

Well, i'm kinda flabbergasted by this. Just............WOUAW ! :up:

Steam punk with cats, dat's epic and... "Dad, I want it, I want this one ! "

I agree too, i agree so hard ! :p

2. Chromaa

Chromaa Space Spelunker

I love this race I love this race I love this race.
    Great artwork for them, too! Hopefully these guys get implemented, either as a mod or not! I'd love to play as a robot driven by a lil kitty.

3. Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

To control larger machines, do they get out of the suits... That is a question...

4. What kind of plans? If you're willing to say. Sounds exciting.

5. Peachy

Peachy Star Wrangler

What do they eat? Are they vegetarian cats? I'm pretty sure they would only be able to eat insects and plants but cats don't eat insects and plants. And when they eat, do they open up their glass containers and put the food inside their mouths using their robot hands? Do they use silverware? Do they exit their suits to eat? Because if they exit won't that make them more vulnerable?

6. Mortfly

Mortfly Master Chief

I really love this idea!!!

7. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

Cats totally eat insects, dingus. Do you have an outside cat?

8. Mortfly

Mortfly Master Chief

to be honest cats eat almost anything well at least mine do

9. Peachy

Peachy Star Wrangler

I meant as a reliable source of food. I was also under the impression that sentient cats with the ability to build robots would have better common sense than a domesticated cat. I honestly never had a cat, but my best friend's cats were outside cats and often brought in things like birds and rodents but never bugs. Sorry if I'm wrong I guess I only have limited experience with the animals.

10. Assasin-Kiashi

Assasin-Kiashi Yeah, You!

the best words I can capably describe my feelings for this is WANT

11. Idens

Idens Seal Broken

It would make sense if these cats ate the finest cuisine, they're overlords after all ;D

Smoked Salmon with a light chipotle dressing, on a bed of steamed asparagus complemented by a lightly battered shrimp platter with sour cream and lemon dip.

I hope they add this in quickly D<

12. Erik Warhammer

Erik Warhammer Void-Bound Voyager

A very interesting design. Looking forward to seeing more from this.

13. junothefox

junothefox Subatomic Cosmonaut

you take a cat and you put it in a robot bam there's Parfelians

I not into this idea as much as others are but maybe it will grow on me. probably is the weirdest race suggestion I've seen but one fact is for sure chuckle fish has some well thought out suggestions here in the forums. In my opinion there are only four good cultures/time periods left to be used is steampunk, which Parfelians is probably the best suggestion for that.
    Gangster times, which I like the Oscura for that. link: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/meet-the-oscura.19343/
    Greek and Roman, you made a race for that culture but novakid was inspirited by them and is unlikely for them to be in the game sadly. I took a whack at it and made the effigies. link http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-a-humanoid-race-of-stone-like-people.56562/
    Last one is Norse/Vikings but I have yet to find a suggestion wreath noting.

14. Okay so this really bothers me. Anodynes ARE a part of the Novakid addition. Please look at my badges, I am a contributor of the Novakids, because they [Chucklefish] has made me sign the contract to use the Anodynes for the Novakid race.

They will be in the game. They are a part of the thing everyone thinks is made by one single person, while this "Suika Ibuki" person merely inspired him.

Nothing to be excited about. It does not involve Starbound.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    junothefox likes this.
  15. junothefox

I know he didn't do it by himself, I don't know many peoples role in it. I have no idea what your role,
    you had in it other then inspiration. I just think Greek/roman culture still deserves a place

in Starbound. these things don't get done as easily without a team and I know that more then anyone. I'm a Writer, I don't have experience making art or code. I will be needing artists and others to get to the standards you set and of course there needs to be standards. I will have to be working as hard as you are if not harder. hopeful peoples and my ignorance haven't bothered you to much. you've been work hard on the forums for a game you love and made such an impact to game. A playable race, thanks to you and others, will be in the game, which playable races are one of the hardest things for them to implement into the game. Many game companies don't do that, but with suggestions answered and moddng support the sky
    the limit. I'm looking forward to see what both [chucklefish] does and makes as well as to see what their fans make and invent.

16. Erik Warhammer

Erik Warhammer Void-Bound Voyager

ZenarioGaming and junothefox like this.
  17. junothefox

ZenarioGaming and Erik Warhammer like this.
  18. ZenarioGaming

ZenarioGaming Yeah, You!

This looks amazing the peeps at chucklefish should definatly think about addding the race!

19. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

I'll ask one more time and nicely pretty please with the cherries on topping dat you would u pllluuuuzzz put this in the game cuz I am dieing waiting for race to be in the game

upload_2013-12-23_0-47-58.jpeg

20. SArais

SArais Aquatic Astronaut

I would support this fully. A lot of work goes into this. thought, detail, lore creation. etc etc.

A+. I think it could look really nice in a Race Suggestions hall of fame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.