Race Meet the Oscura

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Unendingfear, Apr 24, 2013.

?

Should it be added to the game?

1. Yes please

450 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. With Improvements

204 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. No way

75 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Protoeyesore

Protoeyesore Master Chief

Anyone thinking of making a mod for this race in the future? I want them in the game already.

2. Belucard

Belucard Void-Bound Voyager

Well, it could be made that their racial armor gives them that "oil buff" in a permanent way (for example, enhanced life regen or armor, faster movement, faster energy recharge)...

CrimsonGiraffe likes this.
  3. LejeuneCourt

LejeuneCourt Void-Bound Voyager

I do like this idea, but how did they obtain space travel? Reverse-engineering like Florans?

4. LejeuneCourt

LejeuneCourt Void-Bound Voyager

Would you consider adding a form of the word liquidus into the name Obscura, it is the latin root for liquid?

5. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Pretty darn good, especially with the choice of the roaring 20`s as the theam

6. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

So they're basically 1930's, 1940's goo monsters? Awesome. Only concern I have is that some of the armors don't quite have the same feel as the others.

7. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

This race looks like it would be great fun!

8. E253MechaShadow

E253MechaShadow Phantasmal Quasar

Oily mafiozi eyeballs? You've bought me.

9. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

Muy buen post,me encanta esta raza aunque su nombre lo cambiaría por otro.

Good idea this breed

10. The Sentient Glitch

The Sentient Glitch Space Hobo

Could you please include a translation? Because I know for a fact that that is not the entire sentence and it would be easier for other people who don't speak Spanish to read. Thanks :)

¿Podría usted por favor incluya una traducción de la frase en español? Porque sé que es un hecho que no es toda la oración y sería más fácil para otras personas que no hablan español para leer. Gracias :)

11. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

This is actually a good concept, better than all those furry cat/dog/fox races that other suggest. yet for some reason i can't see them in starbound. even i don't liking mods this is a race that i would consider modding into the game. i can't say what would make me accept it in the game sorry, but keep this idea up

STCW262 likes this.
  12. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

I don't know about that, since the Avali and Felins both seem to be quite popular thanks in part to their well-developed lore, though personally, I think that the Oscura would be a better idea for a race than the similar-looking Beldehors, whom basically seem to be former humans that want to be like the totalitarian Apex, right down to the clothing style. The Oscura have more unique tastes than that, with a more dieselpunk-inspired society, though they may still be dystopian in their own right, such as being excessively-capitalistic instead of totalitarian like the Apex, or warmongering like the Beldehors.

13. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

In my opinion is still a little green this race will be long before it is implemented as other breeds to choose from in the game

14. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The backhistory makes them surprisingly come off as a bit of a deconstruction on dieselpunk, that with them having a heavily-contaminated homeworld, and mostly having their economy revolve around expansionism for resources, which is also very fitting somehow.
    What would more or less be the playable Oscura´s motivation and overall descriptions?

15. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Funny story: Despite their many similarities, I'd actually completely forgotten the Oscura existed until well into the development of the Beldehor, so they weren't even intended as spiritual successors to them. Honestly, I'd love to see someone pick this up as a mod if Chucklefish don't themselves show interest in it (which is statistically unlikely), and if someone does, I'd happily collaborate with them to make the mods cross compatible (I can easily imagine the two being outwardly cordial, but intense rivals)

I'll finish working on the lore eventually, I swear

16. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Let the necromodding begin then?

Pingeh likes this.
  17. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

I'd like a "mafia" race but I think that there won't be any new races because of the ark gate's slots being almost full.

18. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

don't need to be a playebel race

19. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Don't need to conform to the Ark Gate, either. Just make your race!

STCW262 likes this.
  20. zegz

zegz Void-Bound Voyager

Neat idea man. Unique time era, unique biology. Another suggestion could be an elf life race? What's and RPG without elves haha :p