Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

He also forgot the caps lock.

Bonabopn likes this.
  2. ODSTNICK

ODSTNICK Big Damn Hero

Bietol doesn't even work for chucklefish if he lives CA

3. GonzoQ

GonzoQ Void-Bound Voyager

awww poor little guys, SORRY
    :lickitung:<3

Outlaw Star and Ado like this.
  4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

much better, now we all know to ignore what you wrote. :3

GonzoQ and Ado like this.
  5. Alecrewex

Alecrewex Void-Bound Voyager

I wonder when they you can play as them, they look really cool and they have been a big piece of conversation for some time now. They are probably going to be implemented in the game soon because of the increasing focus around the novakids, maybe even this year, who knows?

6. Bonabopn

Probably this year, yes. The nightly build features them, and if you've followed the blog, you'll have seen that the devs are already working on it. I expect them to be in the next stable release.

7. Alecrewex

Alecrewex Void-Bound Voyager

Well let's hope on that! And lets hope that their ship is as cool as they are!

8. Bonabopn

9. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well, I guess using coal as the ships fuel makes sense now?

10. beari78

beari78 Guest

[​IMG]
    There should be Gaucho Novakids! They were basically Argentinian cowboys.

Jonesy and GonzoQ like this.
  11. mucus

mucus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would be the average internal temperature of Substringunt Asinaria?

12. PepicWalrus

PepicWalrus Aquatic Astronaut

By my calculations it is approximately ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Degrees.

13. startselect3

startselect3 Poptop Tamer

Haha, oh my god this needs to be added...

14. Emwok

Emwok Poptop Tamer

I'm probably just going to drop my other character and play with a Novakid when the next update comes out.

15. User-named

User-named Void-Bound Voyager

So who has the legal rights over the Novakid race concept?

16. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Bietol, I would assume. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why do you ask? Planning on doing a fan-work of some sort?

17. Technically speaking, Bietol and Suika Ibuki together got them into the game. Their race suggestions were both melded into the Nova Kids we have at the moment (Suika's Anodynes + this), although Bietol's concept definitely is the more prominent of the two.

As for who owns the original idea of the Nova Kids, you're correct that Bietol here is the original owner.

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Legally, though, wouldn't it be Chucklefish? Obviously the credit goes to Bietol (/ Suika), but I doubt he could, for example, sue someone for using Novakids elsewhere.

19. Legally, yes, they belong to Chucklefish now. But as for the origins of the idea, he still has ownership technically. Chucklefish didn't come up with the idea; they adopted it. Unless something in the contracts they signed null and voided that, they should still hold claim to the idea's roots, just not the actual Nova Kids in-game. Another person couldn't really say "I made the Nova Kids", because obviously that would be untrue. Even Chucklefish couldn't really say that.

If something I said sounds off to you, I blame the time I'm writing this. Been working all day and I need some sleep lol.

beari78 and AstroBlast like this.
  20. Outlaw Star

Outlaw Star Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great work on the conception and implementation of Novakid! I have been real happy with them in the universe! Thanks to Bietol/Suika and Chucklefish and all the others!