Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sandopwns

Sandopwns Big Damn Hero

I'm in love <3
    This is a genius idea.
    Extremely creative and original!

I didn't think I could get more hyped-up about this game.

sky2oo7 likes this.
  2. Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

It's never too late... :)

LukØs likes this.
  3. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hot

I seriously hope they're included in the web character generator though

4. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

so just a question, was this like a spin off of the Anodynes? or what?

5. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

The Novakids were inspired by the Anodynes and Fetalstar's Starkid. Just go to the OP and scroll to the bottom

6. Swirly

Swirly Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great to see such a cool idea being recognized. Here's hoping it makes it in.

7. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Congratz! I am really proud of you.
    [​IMG]

Zain Hallows and LukØs like this.
  8. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

well that doesn't seem fair :/

AstroBlast and Zain Hallows like this.
  9. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Tiy said they're trying everything they can to make sure that the the Anodyne parts did get put into the game.

10. All Bietol is getting is a "thanks" AFAIK. Suggestions are meant to be just that: suggestions. By making the thread you are offering your idea to the devs with no strings attached, and they can pick and choose as they like. Credit was given where credit was due, but I don't think Bietol is getting paid or anything.

11. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

I sent a pm to tiy about this very subject, hopefully he will consider what I posted!

12. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

oh i know that. it just sucks when you spend the time and effort to make something only for someone ells to get credit for it.

pigrocket and Zain Hallows like this.
  13. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Who says that Bietol is the only one getting credit. I know that the amount going to Suika isnt amazing and wished oni got more credit, but this sounds like you're painting Bietol as the bad guy.

Zain Hallows likes this.
  14. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

nonono! im not trying t sound lie that, just venting because of past experiences.

15. Cardbo

Cardbo Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

'See you space cowboy.'

16. I really do hope that they can find a way to make it work. Especially the star pieces that make up the "crust" of the Anodynes. If we could do something like
    [​IMG]
    and then give him Vegeta hair, it would be almost indistinguishable from an Anodyne, right?

Flan, Mianso, pigrocket and 2 others like this.
  17. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

do you know why they are having trouble finding a way to use give credit, or use his ideas in some way or whatever they are thinking of? its not like they have this entire race pre made or anything.

im just so confused on this entire thing :p

18. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

these are actually some of the things we suggested...if you want I can get you a full list of things suggested, as to explain most of what is being illustrated :O

19. I'm afraid I don't know; I haven't been in any discussions other than "Hey, we like your thing. Can we use it?" "Sure! It belongs to you now!"

As far as I can tell, credit is being given, since the stretch goal page acknowledges multiple contributors:

20. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

See this discussion happened in the IRC earlier today,

[18:24] <@Tiy> Suweeka we're going to be using parts of them :)

[18:24] <@Tiy> we tried to put the rocks in

[18:24] <@Tiy> but

[18:24] <@Tiy> they didnt really fit into the sprite

[18:24] <@Tiy> we tried a bunch of things
    See i dont know what to believe
    Not that the idea and the way you illustrated was bad, but its down to the pixel artist. I suggested that removing the brand was one of the more major things, but im not sure how to illustrate that idea, the ingrown brand sounds like a great idea. It retains both sides of the coin and should work in the Chargen, but we'll see.