Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

So, I decided to pre-order Starbound and I found out something about a possible new race.
    Excited, I went to check it out and found this.
    I'd firstly like to congratulate you on an idea thats well thought out, and even has an excuse to avoid going in depth- especially an excuse that doesn't sound something that amounts to "oh, right before you start playing, their entire race was massacred and despite the huge number of survivors there is no written, verbal, or recorded remainder of their past".
    Seriously. That you at least don't appear to have half-assed it makes me very happy.
    Secondly, congratulations on getting noticed by the Starbound Dev team, and good luck making it all the way.

Good luck with getting your race into the game!

mo'guts, Bietol, Noc and 1 other person like this.
  2. kcbledsoe

kcbledsoe Space Spelunker

Hey just wanted to say congrats!! Saw this race idea a while ago and I thought it was really interesting and well developed! I'm pretty sure they will hit that 500k mark if not today or tomorrow than soon so I look forward to seeing them in-game!!

3. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

no, simply because I don't think they are the ones actually going to be used in starbound. and those are far too large to be bases

4. People who are congratulating Bietol, be sure to congratulate Suika Ibuki and fetalstar (even though she's a developer) as well!
    I can't help but feel bad that they aren't getting much attention even though they were a big part of the Novakid process as well.

5. The Enlightened Grue

They needeth more congratulations?
    I've been gone from the forums for a while, but I'm pretty sure they're still big shots :p
    Still, congratulations to them for helping this idea succeed!

mo'guts and AstroBlast like this.
  6. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

Love you guys

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  7. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, if the pre-order hits 500k (which is looking like a pretty sure thing at this point), I think I'll be having a new default race to play as.

8. The Enlightened Grue

its a bit of a rough choice for me, but I'm digging it too.

9. Menen

Menen Star Wrangler

Cowboys made of Stars?

Let me go donate money to Starbound because I want this so badly.

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  10. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

I'm thinking in the countdown being so close to 500k but the game is released and we all are

"Awwww"

11. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

I know its probably a bit early to say exactly, but does anyone have any idea about the scale of this? Are they going to be as detailed as the other races, having their own themed dungeons and villages etc? Or just going to be a playable race, with some related gear and space ship and things? I'd love to see what their dungeon would look like, as i'm loving the sound of them so far. I imagine some of their items and weapons could look pretty awesome too.

Noc likes this.
  12. Weiland

Weiland Big Damn Hero

This... is... SARDINE POWER!

Artemos and Galactic Avatar like this.
  13. Mad props to those two, without whom the Novakid would never have been born.

They are a fusion of the Anodynes and Starkid.
    And maybe also some Firefly.
    And an ADHD horseshoe.

14. Pappaknox

Pappaknox Phantasmal Quasar

It would be awesome if when we got killed as one, there would be a 100 block wide crater where we died, unless it was in a sealed room underground.

But if not, I'll still play, but dissapointed that nothing will get killed when I die. :rofl:

15. vlamer12

vlamer12 Big Damn Hero

So you are playing with friends/in your base and you die due to an intruder/a trap/whatever.
    And boom all die/your entire house is gone?
    Seems kinda OP :rolleyes:

Grzzz

vlamer12

16. bowser7

bowser7 Industrial Terraformer

Congrats on having your race in the game! :rofl:

17. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IIRC they will be fully integrated and fully featured, they just need an artist.

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  18. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades Cosmic Narwhal

I... I'm so happy. :cry:

This may actually be one of the few games where I don't play as a Human before any of the other races.

Biscuit Sawce likes this.
  19. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Congratulations!!!!

LukØs likes this.
  20. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Dr. Otaku-Sensei Phantasmal Quasar

Damn me and my urges- why didn't I get the more expensive 4-pack so that
    I can help these fellas get in more certainly! Congratulations still and let's hope for the best.

LukØs and Saber Cherry like this.