Race meet the Nagath

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by manofbedrock, Apr 10, 2014.

1. manofbedrock

manofbedrock Subatomic Cosmonaut

OP updated! I added a new food. You probably should check out what I added earlier also, in case you look specifically for 'OP updated', not 'page updated'.

2. manofbedrock

CRAP!! CRAPPING CRAP CRAPINATING CRAP! umm...how do you post a picture? My sister should be done with the art pretty soon, or already be done with it (it depends). But I don't know how to get my hands on an image URL!

3. prodamn

prodamn Spaceman Spiff

for real now ? wow.. this is just.. wow.

upload your pic to an image uploading service like img.ur or tinypic.com or something

but you can also! (MOST convenient option!) hit the "upload a file" button on the bottom of the "edit post" page and just upload your picture to the forum
    and mark the area where you want it to go and hit either "tumbnail" to insert it as an thumbnail or "full image" to insert it as a full image.

4. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Sounds like a interesting race.

5. manofbedrock

thank you! :D did I mention that I'm new to these forums? sorry about my ignorance.

6. manofbedrock

OP updated! I know that this is going really fast, but I'm here not only to annouce Codex entries have been added, but also to inform anyone reading this that requests for codex entries are open.

tell me what you want to see, and I'll consider it.

7. manofbedrock

Okay. This is some important news. I think that this race (text-wise), has met its standing point. There is a fine balance between too little and too much information about a subject. If you are at either extreme of this, then people will be repelled from your post, book, etc. This race, lacking any pretty pictures, stands at the edge. I am going to add (as a filler, I have a mad scheme to get some sprites or art) my description of a Nagath. That's the last thing (once again, text-wise) I plan on adding to this post. I'm standing on the edge of having an overworked race, to the point where even I am slightly repelled looking at all the information I jam-packed into this thread. If I add any more new things about this race ('new things' as in totally new things, not adding onto the rather unfinished areas of this race, such as the racial story), then I will cross the line and ruin this idea (at least that what I think). Tell me if you think otherwise or there is something you still want in here.

8. manofbedrock

good news everyone! my sister found the picture. I'll get the art up soon!

9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

10. manofbedrock

sorry man. I've been being lazy :D but I'll try and get it up ASAP.

11. manofbedrock

Ahem...let me change that to ASAIFLIAANL (as soon as I feel like it and am not lazy). Sorry. I just have a real procrastination issue.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  12. Fred Meat

Fred Meat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow! This is really detailed. Just one thing. You said they were ancient, but how ancient was just 20,000 years old. Do you mean their current evolutionary point or their entire evolution since they were seen as Nagaths? Because the human race is around 200,000 years old or something, so 20,000 is quite young.

13. shaun4519

shaun4519 Phantasmal Quasar

what is the racial relationship towards the peglaci

14. manofbedrock

good point. but I disagree. I would say humans are around 11'000 years old by now. I mean, if you watch documentries, we are advancing incredibly fast. The more we advance the faster. I'm not kidding. So it's probably not too long since the modern age (aka right now) and answering your question, they are twenty thousand years since they first recorded history. So in reality, the Nagath have no idea how old they actually are.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  15. manofbedrock

I don't like advertising, just so you know. I will try, since this is more of a request, but I can't really make a racial interaction until I know a lot about the species. I might make an interaction, if I can find the lore and stuff. if not, then no go.

16. manofbedrock

okay. More news. Sister said she'd improve the piece a bit more. Also, school just had to freaking start today. I'll try really hard to muster up the willpower to get this thing done and up on here this weekend if the thing is done by then. Whenever it is done (if my sister is done with it by then), that is.

17. manofbedrock

More news. My sister went to college, so I won't be able to get the drawing colored. I also can't find the picture either. So I guess there's no pretty pictures. But heck, I don't care! I'm not looking to advertise here, just display my ideas. So I'll just stick with what we have here. It's enough.