Race Meet the Drale

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Camera, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Helmet Preview. Kinda looks similar to Glitch doesn't it? These will be used for regular tier armor and the underground Drale. Factions will be sporting their unique armors.
    [​IMG]

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

I don't know about the last one.. Seems a bit minotaur..
    But other than that, they all seem good. I like the Chinese Lung-esque light blue one and the 3rd tier being a sort of feathered Queztacoatl (or Sonic the Hedge-bird), with the Dark one being kind of bat-winged horns, and the green one being very Diablo-y with the dual-horns (the game franchise, not the demonic being).
    But I am unsure about the Purple. Looks to similar to the first one, and the square near the ear/horns just makes it seem very . . . crude medievel helmet-ish . . .
    Also, I think that the Helmets should possibly be switched around. I would think that the farther down the line, the larger it gets. So, it would probably go (using numerical order):

1. 7, 8, 2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 9, 10. AKA, Iron, Blue, Purple, Silver, Teal, Green, Stone (black), White (feathered), Red, Minotaur.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  3. Camera

The names I have for the tiers currently are

Wyrm -> Leviathan -> Amphithere -> Knucker -> Drake -> Lung -> Wyvern -> Dragon -> Tortagon -> Hydra

The armors themselves have a bit of different cultures mixed in depending on where they hail from. (Feathers for the amphithere and samurai-esque for the lung for example) Purple probably looks like a medieval helm because it's based on the European dragon!

4. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

Those are badass! I want one!

My favorite looking ones are. The blue one, the green one, and the first three. The last ones are over-the-top, but that's how the canon races' armors are, and vanity slots allow me to still be blue, so I'm fine with that.

5. Dargona1018

Not so sure about Leviathan and Wyvern . . .
    I would imagine the Wyvern having more aerodynamic heads, probably having the horns of the Leviathan...
    And the Leviathan doesn't quite work for me . . I the horns don't have good shading IMO, and just look like blades, and the muzzle is a bit to . . this-is-the-front-of-it-as-a-mouth-guard. . . .

Also, as with the Purple european dragons, if I remember correctly, regular fire-drakes weren't seen as much in the North, and the ones in South and Central America were much more specialized, like the queztacoatl.
    So, according to that logic, most fire-drakes are european, other than special ones (Wyverns, cockatrice, Ice-Drakes, feathered, Lungs, etc).

6. TheScout

TheScout Void-Bound Voyager

Hydra should probably have an extra-head theme for its namesake

7. Dargona1018

Not sure if that would work quite well.
    With the proportions that Helmets have right now, the Hydra mask would have to have a HUGE neck to hide the head, and then tiny Hydra heads to fit within the Helmet sprite space.
    But it's a good idea. Not sure if that last one is final since it's just the Glitch one.

8. Camera

Hydra armor will have extra "heads" on the shoulders.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  9. Dargona1018

Kinda like Grimlock from Transformers: AoE, where his head split into his shoulder pauldrons? (kinda spoilers??)
    Overall he was a disgrace.. Didn't even speak... And he didn't even look like Grimlock.. R.I.P. Grimlock the Bayformer

10. Camera

Yeah kinda like that!

[​IMG]

11. Mau5GoneMad

Mau5GoneMad Subatomic Cosmonaut

Holy shAmazing.

Feathery Dust and Dargona1018 like this.
  12. Camera

Some bit of news. Behind the scenes progress has been rather slow as of late since I have college soon and stuff. I'll still be working on the art assets on and off, but as for coding and all that jazz I'll wait for the game itself to update with more non-nightly build versions

T5 Weapons

[​IMG]

13. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Woah this looks incredible! This better than the Novakids if you ask me :up:
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the 3rd one from the right supposed to be? It looks like a pickaxe but these are supposed to be weapons. I'm a bit confused :unsure:

14. Camera

It's a weaponized pickaxe. Since t5 is mining themed, I'd say it's a good candidate for the axe weapon.

15. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Oh, that's cool! I didn't realize it was mining themed until you said so :p

16. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

dude, they should really put this in game. when you beat the dragon boss they mention "strange winged demons in the farthest corners of the galaxy" as one of its possible creators. this would totally fit in! plus it looks awesome, one of the few race posts to actually survive besides the novakids.

17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

"Strange winged demons" are already in the game. They're the Eye Guards.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  18. Camera

Yes, and I'm pretty sure the Drale aren't related to the bone wyvern/dragon at all.

19. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

the who now?

20. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile