Race Meet the Cusute

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Kapul, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kapul

Kapul Space Penguin Leader

The Cusute
    [​IMG]
    I do not own this image
    Introduction-
    The Cusute are a race of people (if they can be called that) that are very misunderstood, at first glace they appear as barbaric slavers and look like zombies with rotten flesh and mossy hair. However they see them selves as industrial opportunistic and engineering masters.

Biology-
    The Cusute are a sort of biological machine, they have nerves for wires, muscles for pistons, and brains for processors. A Microscopic colonizing microbe is found in every Cusute, it readily attaches itself to nervous tissue and secretes persevering chemicals. The skin and hair grow mold and moss making them appear green and rotting. The Cusute are dead bodies being manipulated by microbes. However they most certainly don't act dead. They must eat, the microbes feed from fat and the body need to replace its muscles since it does not heal, and they breath for the microbes as well. They move just as well as any other species and they organize there muscles to optimize performance.

Gender and offspring-
    The Cusute reproduce by coming together and donating body parts to build a new Cusute. There is no true gender difference but many Cusute pick the role of donating fluids and fats or muscle and bones leading to Cusutes appearing to be male or female.

Appearance-
    Humanoid in figure the Cusute appear zombie like with green colored skin, do to mold, and many stitches, do to them rearranging there organs. The gut is typically small as digestion is replaces by the microbes. The "hair" is grown on the head for fashion and mostly consists of long moss and fungus.
    [​IMG]
    This is my attempt for pixel art featuring on the left a enslaved male and on the right a more wealthy female.
    Not quite what I want but better then nothing​

Culture-
    Since there bodies are dead and they often replace organs and limbs for stronger fresher ones the Cusute view themselves as machinery, or rather they view all life as machines and machines as life. This lead there complete acceptance of slavery. To them other Cusutes are no more then machines, machines that can be "reprogrammed" to preform hard labor. To human observes the society appears view similar to that of the southern United States in the 1800's, even the clothing.

History-
    Cusute history is detailed and long however only Cusutes know it. When a Cusutes dies it is customary to use its body to improve other Cusute and when the brain(s) is "recycled" this way memory is passed down. Since they could recorded this way many do not learn how to write or read.

Technology-
    The most important technological feat is how they obtained space travel. While it is highly doubtable it is said that a space whale fell onto there home planet and after "dissecting" it they modeled there own. Since Cusutes see machines as life it is possible that the whale was really a ship but many insist it was organic.

Weapons-
    Since the goal to hunting is to use the body parts to improve themselves the Cusute quickly developed effective tools for dissections and there weapons are modeled after them.
    [​IMG]
    I do not own this image​
    Inter species relations-
    Human- the Cusute don't car much for the Humans but many Humans dislike there appearance
    Apex- the Cusute see the Apex as the perfect being with good muscular build and superior brains, Cusutes may attack a Apex on sight
    Avian- relatively neutral
    Floran- the Cusute can't use the Floran body for much and the Floran dislike the taste for Cusute, they avoid each other
    Glitch- the Cusute really look up to the Glitch and admire there bodies
    Hylotl- relatively neutral
    Novakid- the Novakids simply confuse the Cusute

NOTE-
    I was going to put more images for the appearance but pictures of decaying flesh is a bit graphic and zombies is not quite what i want
    The name means Stitched in Romanian I am willing to change this and will accept suggestions
    In case you need clarification THIS IS NOT A ZOMBIE

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Kapul

If this idea becomes more popular I will added more information, particularly how they would fit in the game like details on what they will say and how the towns layout would work. I would like that the villages could have npc spawer sellers since there culture is to be slavers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  3. Hound-of-Tindalos

Hound-of-Tindalos Starship Captain

You know I am a sucker for any sort of undead like race. I like it because it doesn't make me think zombie but Frankenstein's Monster.

4. Kapul

I was not all that interested in the race myself but a lot of people seem to want a undead race and most of them are inlogical so i made this. Anyway glad you like it

5. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so basicly the race is ACTUALLY a parasite controlling a dead body? well I do love me a puppet(wish I was good at drawing so I could make a puppet race attempting to gain free will or something)

6. Kapul

You can think of it like that, the "parasite" (I believe that term is only for living bodies) is not aware of what it is doing it simply reactivates the brain by attaching to it (in order to get the fat that surrounds the nerves) of course the brain does not work the same way when the creature was alive because the hormonal glands stop working (the microbes take the place of the glands by secreting hormones/perspectives/other chemicals)

7. Zaisher

Zaisher Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so its more like a necromancer than a parasite? still liking it