Race Meet the Cerpine

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Darthkitten, Jul 27, 2012.

1. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this race

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well... I hope the local kangaroo doesn't strike us down for the use of necromancy, but I really like the idea of a serpent race. It may be stuck as a mod (if one is released) but it would have my support. Plus, I really like snakes...

PabloElPuas likes this.
  3. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

There is a mod, but it's currently outdated (not yet up to UG).

4. So long as what you're posting is relevant to the topic, necroing is fine. Unless the topic is obviously not meant to be necroed (e.g. Posting to complain about an old patch issue that was addressed) of course.

As for the mod, carriontrooper's correct. However, I don't believe it'll be updated anytime in the foreseeable future.

PabloElPuas likes this.
  5. DianaWinters

DianaWinters Starship Captain

Why is everyone better at making these things than I am ;~;

PabloElPuas likes this.
  6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

More experience and dedication to modding the base game perhaps?

7. DianaWinters

You imply that I put forth little dedication to the post I made, correct?
    I understand that they have more experience, but it's insulting that you imply that I put forth little effort into my suggestion.

8. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

It's a simple fact: even if your perceived effort is great but the current result is unsatisfying, you need to put even more effort.

lazarus78 likes this.
  9. DianaWinters

Fair enough, fair enough.
    Sadly, the quantity of effort I can expend is not greater than or equal to the amount I'd need to compensate for my lack of skill in the field of pixel art.

Tleno likes this.
  10. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Eh, pixel art's way easier, even more so in games or game mods. There's even existing templates that are easy to build around, and try pixeljoint or deviantart or pinterest for tutorials. If you are really interested in it, I'm sure you can pick it up in a week.

11. WhyIsEverythingDerpy

WhyIsEverythingDerpy Void-Bound Voyager

What about Cerpine and Human Relationship...

12. At the time those relationships were created, information about the humans was mostly unknown. After that, all Cerpine-related work went toward the mod, before the entire concept eventually went on hiatus.

13. SuperSiili

SuperSiili Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thats a really well made suggestion, and the race could be a nice add to Starbound.

14. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

A truly, truly excellent suggestion... Ah, if only the devs actually cared about stuff as well done as this. I've been a fan since the start, and I still love it.

However, like the Glunaughts, Obscura and Monophytes, it seems to have fallen quiet. I prefer this to the Novakids in all honesty.