RP Medievalbound

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Alkanthe, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Miratha eeps as she's flung off course. She purposefully falls over into a roll to regain her footing Dat was close. She makes another attempt at it at a grapple from Benjamin's flank.

2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Sir please... Let me explain... "

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Oh?" Kauriss seems skeptical of the man's ability to provide an excuse, but he's interested to hear what Delzin has to say for himself.

Arra likes this.
  4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

{ Delzin stammers a bit before speaking up }

" Sir, I have no excuse for why I wasn't at my post...... '

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"I thought you said you had an explanation. Is that not true?" He's confused by Delzin's words and slightly frustrated. "If you would like to explain, please do so now."

Arra and DustyScabbard like this.
  6. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" My explanation is that I have no excuse..... "

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Ten silvers?" The man grumbles. "I don't even know if it works!"
    Another interested party decides to interrupt at this point. "...Say, m'sieur, might you happen to be an alchimiste?" This speaker is a young Apex with a noticeable accent and forest-green hair peeking out from under his hat.

The chatter in the Four Oaks is actually relatively sparse, and the atmosphere is subdued. At one point, Fieke may hear quick, young feet move up to the counter, and a child's voice conversing with the Apex bartender... Delzin's name is mentioned.

Arra likes this.
  8. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    "Yes, young man, i am. Why do you wish to know?"

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Having little interest of getting involved in what felt like trouble, Fieke ordered another drink, and eavesdropped on the conversation rather then joining in.

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

A flicker of uncertainty can be seen on the young man's features, and then he smiles. "Zat's wonderful, I've always wanted to meet a real alchimiste!"
    The fat man gives him an incredulous look. "Are you serious? This man's no alchemist. He'll rip you off soon as look at you, I know 'is type." He then stalks off, not waiting for a reply.
    The crowd talks nervously amongst themselves, a few leaving, but most staying. Some even come up to Nook and attempt to strike a bargain.
    The green-haired Apex stands back, watching.

Arra likes this.
  11. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    Nook dissapears in a puff of lasting, rancid smoke, before a tent comes out of the top of the wagon, folding over the front of the stage. The front of the tent is open
    "Me? A fraud? A cheat? I challenge you to a duel!"

Alkanthe and Arra like this.
  12. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" C...Commander...I...I... "

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The people back away. They hadn't expected that, and the smoke makes their eyes water and irritates their noses. The fat man is gone, not looking back. But the young Apex steps forward. "Ze doubter is gone. But will I do in his place?"

Arra likes this.
  14. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    "If you could find him for me, i do not want to fight YOU."

Alkanthe likes this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"But I doubt he is an alchimiste." He's standing just in front of the stage now. "I am."

zeskorion likes this.
  16. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    "A battle of the wits then? What are the terms?"

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"You like to deal with magic, non? Let's say... whoever can perform a magic act zat the other does not know is the winner?"
    The crowd is growing now. They're excited to see a duel, even if it isn't one involving physical combat. Especially if it's one involving magic.

18. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    "someone does not know the basic definition of alchemy.... do they.
    are you an alchemist, or a sorcerer?"

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The Apex's eyes widen and he steps back. "Oh, escusi moi, were those tricks not the main part of your repertoire? I assumed you were a trickster... but you're a real alchimiste?" His voice goes up an octave. "Then we can have a real battle of wits."

20. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-nook
    "You are hardly apprentice age. I doubt this would be a fair battle.
    and before you say 'oh yes, i doubt it' in a smug and cocky manner, forget it kid"

Alkanthe likes this.