1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Medic Drone Proposed Fix

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Seria-Myouna, May 9, 2013.

1. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

The Medic drone is fairly useful early on, but quickly becomes underwhelming in terms of effectiveness.

30 health can easily save you in the first couple of stages, but if you have infusion or level quickly, it becomes trivial.

I suggest making the healing a percentage of your total health rather than a static value. Perhaps 10-20%

EDIT: Maybe I'm totally wrong here and it actually does scale, but from what I've observed it always heals 30 health.

• Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Healing 10-20% of your health seems rather over powered although scaling would be nice 5-10% would probably be more reasonable

yaomon17 likes this.
      • Seria-Myouna

Hmm, that seems more reasonable, that way early on its very underwhelming but it becomes significantly more powerful later on, giving you a good reason to keep it alive.

• Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

On the subject of drones though I would like to see a drone health bar or a way to repair drones without them dying to be brought back to full health

• Seria-Myouna

Oh my god. There should be an activated item that gives your drones all of your powerups for 10 seconds.

:saywhat:

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I did see an active item in the co-op showcase video that repaired the nearest drone. Useful around mid game at the very least, I assume.

• Nixeras

Nixeras Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually wish drones would inherently have your passive effects. I really don't see why they don't. Health on hit for instance would definitely keep drones from busting every 3 seconds in large fights. Might increase it to 5, maybe 6 second lifespans!

Jragyn likes this.