1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sharp(JQ), Aug 20, 2016.

1. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Actually the question: where are they all? I know about modes, but as I remember, the developers have promised them in the game. Besides, no offense, but the mech of the mods do not fit into the game. They are available too easy and boring. But it is an important and interesting element of the game.

PS. I would like to see the customization of these war machines, as well as machines for enemies, especially the fanatics.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

You can spawn the apex, human and glitch mechs using /spawnvehicle, althought they are not quite interessing

3. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Rather, they just did not finished.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really, an Avian mech with a large crystal centerpiece capable of firing a continuous thin high-damage beam would be pretty neat. The Apex one could have a rapid-fire plasma cannon, Glitch could have incendiary grenades/bombs, Humans could get a flamethrower, and Novakids having a sniper beam or machine gun seems fitting, and maybe Florans could have poison gas/spores or a hybrid of the other races weaponry. Hylotl could use some sort of freeze ray, perhaps? Maybe a basic melee attack depending on the type, and the ranged attacks as secondary.

Honestly, they could really go places. I'm hoping they'll be added back before too long.

5. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Suggested Mods: XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition, and ZZ Mech Modifications.

6. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I have seen. It does not fit into the process. In addition, it is not the job of the developer.