1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community McVicar Makes a Friend

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mollygos, Apr 15, 2014.

1. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

I like how she says "Dear" to him.

Hue hue hue, you Hiraki lovers, it seems she might be taken

2. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm, guess I'm in a relationship with I don't know how many women then since women around here regularly use "dear" for anybody.

3. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Yes, dear

4. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

:wut:

Oh god no...

Heartstrings likes this.
  5. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Amusingly enough, you took the first post seriously.

6. The Grand Mugwump

The Grand Mugwump Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the codex Hiraki more. This makes too much sense, overuses the word "dear," and has too much badass anime. Needs more bumbling, happy go-lucky luck.

Still enjoyed the story though. Bring on more stuff! Maybe fix the wiring bug and world wiping stuff still going on too!

Taso and Zatnik like this.
  7. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

Now that I think about it... where did all of those explosives come from?

Zebe likes this.
  8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

They had to be in there to begin with. Corale did say she found them

9. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

If this was a roleplay, we'd be calling this god modding and ass-pulling

Cloudhopper likes this.
  10. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Not really. It could be that the cave was one of those abanboned mines you find in some planets. Left over explosives are not that unlikely in that case

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

One look at the agarans depictions suggests they have no idea what explosives are.

12. TBern

TBern Aquatic Astronaut

I was kind of wondering about that as well. She seems to have changed a bit from the codex entries. A lot less absent minded and a lot more rough and tumble.
    That being said though, I do appreciate the awesome comic!

13. Kientero

Kientero Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm actually glad that Hylotl's eyes don't have visible pupils, it'll be just scary to look at... The speaking of pupils, the second page at first frame on the top left, she looks at Charlton McVicar... And then I thought... wait, are those perhaps pupils? And then when you look at where she looks at trough out these two pages... she always looks away from where's she headed, mostly upwards. Which then makes it just funny to look at, not that I'm making fun at people who have eyes like that and still looks forward. But now I just can't think the coolness of that frame of where she drags the reporter from where the explosives gets lit, or how awesome that drop kick on the fungi's head to the ground, when she's... looking upwards. Never the less... this was an awesome comeback to the story of Reporter Charlton McVicar, I'm exited to see what will happen next. X3

14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

From the magical land of arbitrary plot devices.
    Hiraki chose this pile of explosives due to the natural weakness of Agarans; inability to see crucial plot devices right in front of their eyes before it's too late. :V

Heartstrings likes this.
  15. I can't believe I almost missed this.

I laughed. I cried. I want more.
    [​IMG]

16. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool hylotl don't look at explosions

17. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

The unfinished final scene is Hiraki and ordinary boring man leaving the cave singed while human guy craves fish sticks.

18. Mariobro

Mariobro Void-Bound Voyager

I'd gladly pay money for more of these comics. They are incredible.

19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Its a real problem for their species, they are attracted to macguffins and items of doom, presumably it is how they found and gathered the detritus that sustained them in ancient times.

Zebe likes this.
  20. Charlton McVicar

Charlton McVicar Investigative Reporter NPC

But I 'ardly know her!