1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Maximum Co-Op players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desraedos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desraedos

Desraedos Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so I looked around the RoR forums, and google, and Steam, and had no luck so... I know everything says it is 4p maximum but sometimes after we win a game and disconnect for a brief instant I see like... 7 player icons, each with a unique color. So is that an intended feature? Or some sort of hotseat thing? Or what?
    Thanks for your time.
    -Dez

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

some people say max player is 10 and some say that you can have more.. but im stickin with 10p max
      you can edit in the prefs file: max_players_online=4

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

The method the devs used for the online multiplayer will allow any number of players, the limit of four is just a soft limit as meow247 pointed out. But, the game's balance system is not set up to handle more than four players, so the difficulty tends to spike and fluctuate when you go above 4. Also, adding more players can put a lot of strain on the host's computer.

• Desraedos

Desraedos Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you very much for your replies. It could be interesting to try it anyway for kicks.

• melodic50863

melodic50863 Space Hobo

I want to play with my friends and ive got 7 player to play. I cant find that stardew calley file dude.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread necros are only accepted if the thread is still relevant and the necro itself is on-topic. The query raised in this thread was answered five years ago, and your post is referring to a completely different game. If you want to discuss Stardew Valley, please do so in the Stardew Valley subforum. I also ask that you be more mindful of posing in older threads.

In the meantime, I'll be closing this thread, since OP has been inactive for a while and has already had their question answered.

Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.