1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

If you guys want to make a armor only version of the mod, send me the files and I'll post the link on the mod page (or depending on the amount of "fixes" as a new major version). And ofc your name will be added to the credits on the mod page.

Due to several reasons I cannot "just allow" other people to create their own mod based on the assets of this mod but if someone wants to fix the mod or parts of it, i'll gladly provide the link here or upload it as a new main version.

2. MegaManX

MegaManX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. SacredCaedeus

SacredCaedeus Phantasmal Quasar

Crystan likes this.
  4. endercoolboy

endercoolboy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wen will this mod be done i rilly want to try out the super cool wepons

5. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think it will be. The weapons and techs need to be redone to work with Starbound's present system, something that no one seems to want to do.

6. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Thank you for getting our attention on this. As clearly stated on our mod frontpage, we're strictly against the idea of seeing this mod and it's asset outside of the official starbound moddb and that altering or redistribution of the assets included in this mod are forbidden. I also just updated the frontpage, to make that clear.

I've been a victim of unauthorized use of my work before but this one hurts me probably the most, since we put hundrets of hours of work throughout several years into this and we're deeply disappointed that some people still don't respect our wishes. Of course we are sorry for the fans who were happy to see a updated version of the MMX mod but taking our hard work and uploading it somewhere else against our wishes is not the correct way to do this.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  7. Wakaitsu

Wakaitsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*sigh* NOW you're caring...

Fine, takedown it is. I promised and I won't back now.

UPD There, mod's no more. Are we good now?

Also just to clarify - I didn't just took and upload your mod as it was, I also did a tonn of work cleaning the code and bringin it up to date. If I'd wanted to just steal your glory, I'd do exactly that - just re-upload the mod somewhere and claim it as mine.
    Kinda sad that you choose to ignore me when I were trying to reach you, but got all fired up once you saw the mod live.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. SlimSaber

SlimSaber Void-Bound Voyager

I saw the mod on the workshop and linked to the reply that stated that Crystan didn't approve. Sorry to be the whistle-blower (maybe not since it was at least the right thing to do), but maybe at least it would inspire an official cosmetics-only version, if possible.

If not, maybe one day the mod will update. (or be rebuilt from the ground up considering the age of the mod and the recent Bounty Hunting update further causing breakage as I've had to clean out mods that worked previously for me) I can wait as the game is already plenty fun once I get into it. Here's hoping.

SacredCaedeus likes this.
  9. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

By the time I read your message I had private issues that were very serious and, I indeed, didn't really care a lot for the mod at that time.
    Yes, thank you.
    It's not about stealing glory, it's about that you ignored several statements located on the mod frontpage, which have been there for ages. Such as that we don't like to see the mod uploaded anywhere else and that no one is allowed to change the contents of the mod and/or upload it somewhere else (even with attribution).

I'm not exactly looking forward to run around and tell fans that they have to shut down their work they've invested in fixing our stuff. That was also one of the reason why i made it prominent on the frontpage that the mod is a SBDB exclusive mod and set the corresponding permissions informations (do not change/dont reupload) .
    Like I said, i had serious private matters i had to take care of and at the time i was back checking the forum here again, i just forgot about it. You should also know that I was already active again before your upload got my attention. Nevertheless, even if a author isn't active anymore or doesn't reply, you can't just ignore visible statements about changing/uploading assets of the mod. I appreciate your love for the mod but the path you took was wrong.

If you had posted the fixed version just here on the forum (which would have been much less of an issue for me) or sent me a second message that you have a fixed version in the works, I most likely would have noticed it a few weeks later, or based on the upload date of your fixed version and my next closest post here on the forum to that date, ~10 days later. For example, I could have added it as a new version here on the mod profile then.

10. SacredCaedeus

Your intentions are irrelevant; the issue was black and white. The mod description said in at least TWO places originally (now at least three) that the mod is not to be uploaded else where or changed without permission. You did both, thus you were in the wrong on two counts. You were a thief no matter how you dressed it up. Not only that, you were caught, told what you were doing was wrong, and acted like you were some kind of Robin Hood in that you were doing a "service." You admitted to the fact that you were doing wrong, and then white washed comments about it too, following it up with a threat that you'll flag comments if they continued about that. That's incredibly scummy.

Absence of consent is not consent. It's still a "no" unless you're told otherwise, but either you seem to lack understanding of that, or you simply did not care (the latter of which appears to be more accurate, maybe?). That's why I'm (apparently) one of the ones who alerted Crystan about what you did. A friend and I even flagged it as stolen and provided evidence of it. While my friend and I love this mod, we don't want to see hard work stolen from someone in any manner, even if it's some sort of "effort" to "preserve" and update it without permission. I at least know how it feels to be stolen from, and it sucks. Hard.

Read this with any inflection you want, however the correct tone is pretty neutral.

11. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Holy woah. So uh... does this mean the official mod is alive and kicking again??

EDIT: Aaaand after a quick read, I am left sadly disappointed. This was one of those mods I wanted to play a very long time ago, but of course my ability to was stifled by lack of owning Starbound... and once owning it, lack of time to play said game with mod. Hope it's updated one of these days.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  12. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

IF there would be a new update anytime soon, it will be a cosmetic only mod. I'm not saying that there will be a new version anytime soon but... who knows what the future might hold.

13. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Crystan updated Maverick-Hunters MMX with a new update entry:

Return of the Summer Reploid

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. SlimSaber

SlimSaber Void-Bound Voyager

Oh wow, praise the sun! It's here. Thanks much lads. I'll be keeping this installed until a future update to the game causes breakage.

15. MiamotoRei

MiamotoRei Starship Captain

Can't download. None my devices can open that mediafire page. It always sends empty response when I try to access the site.

16. LegendXCarisso

Working just fine for me. Might have to try a different browser. Downloaded intact on Chrome and its latest version. I do hope that one day, the mod will be restored to its former glory, but at least now I can run around as.... Hmmm..... ZERO?? Nah. Definitely Fefnir. He's cool. :D

17. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Longshot, but what are the chances for some MegaMan.EXE stuff?

I'm asking because there's a mod I found that can take you to a digital world, and I couldn't help but think of the digital Blue Bomber. I get it if there is 0 plans for such a thing. :p

18. LegendXCarisso

So um... one quick query. On the title screen, I seem to get a warning that says my character will be locked to this mod, so if it is ever removed, my characters will disappear. While I understand what this means, I want to know if this warning still applies (since the mod isn't completely restored), or if I can disregard it (as echoes from the old version)?

EDIT:

[06:15:06.119] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/rakuhouha/rakuhouhamultishot.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.165] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/kuuenzan/kuuenzan.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.252] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/hyouretsuzan/hyouretsuzan.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.362] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/zsaberslash1/zsaberslash1.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.461] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/raijingeki/raijingekifire.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.526] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/zsaberslash2/zsaberslash2.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.698] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/zsaberslash3/zsaberslash3.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.717] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/raijingeki/raijingeki.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")
    [06:15:06.801] [Error] Could not read projectile '/tech/zmode/rakuhouha/rakuhouha.projectile', error: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("image")

[06:15:12.749] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /treasure/common.treasurepools.patch in source: ..\mods\MMX.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Cannot parse 'pool' as index in pathApply("/basicTreasure/0/pool/-")

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  19. SacredCaedeus

From testing that we've done, you won't lose your character. What'll happen if you remove the mod is your game will crash once on character load, and then it'll load just fine. Crystan even was curious about it, hence our personal testing. Due to the initial crash it causes (and potentially panic) the warning was simply left in, as it's easier that way.

About those errors, don't mind those too much. They don't affect your gameplay at all, though it looks like we may have to unreference the tech stuff completely next update so people don't panic at those errors. As for the treasure pool error, that's unrelated to what makes the default Rare Metal drop. If Rare Metals in fact don't drop, then please let us know.

Unfortunately there will be no Battle Network content. This mod is just for stuff from Mega Man X up to and including Mega Man ZX.

It's also worthy of note that... Rare Metals have pixel value now! No more hoarding them or trashing them once you have all the cosmetics! You can now sell them and gain some money off them. Feel free to throw some feedback our way on the sell price. Is it too high or just right?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Crystan likes this.
  20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Zero, sorry. This mod only covers X, Zero and ZX stuff. Only played Battle Network for a short moment, didn't like and also didn't like the art style.