1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Maverick-Hunters MMX 11.0.3

Featuring Armors, Techs (Ride Armors, Zero- and X-"Modes") and Weapons of the MMX/Z/ZX games

1. Bloody_Kain

Bloody_Kain Phantasmal Quasar

Oh no... I shouldn't post after many hours of Starbound and in the middle of the night...

Okay, I don't know if it was your Mod, or this unstable release, but it happens after I have build and take on the Legpart of the Ultimate X Armor.
    I had put it in the Armor place, because I liked to know, how the value differences are.
    Than, BAMM, I was on my Desktop.
    I tried to reload, but the Savegame won't let me reload it.
    I see my Manu, the Blocks, you can walk on, and before my Chara is loadet, the Game crashes back to Windows.

I have startet a test Character, to see if the World is broken, but it is okay... and because of the Startworld Bug, I have startet on the same Planet, with my buildet little Fortress and most of my Recources still there.

If i can't find a way to bring my savegame back, I must start not totaly from scratch, but its hard...

Edit: Okay, I have brought the Savegame back to loading.
    I had to strip him of ALL Parts, that had something to do with your Mod. Even the helmets, that you can put on the walls...
    Strange...

2. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Yeah, sorry for the trouble - the pants are indeed causing crashes, thanks for the report. I'll fix them in the next release.

Bloody_Kain likes this.
  3. alepiusaja

alepiusaja Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Works fine with upbeat giraffe but i dont know if someone has suggest this..i would like to suggest you to add armor and life attribute to each part..

Plus...the game crashed once i use the bed

4. Bloody_Kain

As an alternative, you can make this with the actual Starcheat Savegame Editor.
    Problem: This goes only for the Armor you wear or that is in your Inventory.
    If you make another one Ingame, it will be without Values again. ;-)

Only Problem, I don't know how to modifiy this Values correctly.
    I have Build the X Standart Armor, because it has the Values.
    Than I have edited all nessessary Values for Life, Energy and Armor and only the Armor Value was taken, but only on the leg Part! o_O
    I will try it again later...
    But be careful: So you can make a Godlike Armor as basic armor, and the Rest is only Cosmetic... Without the Weapons.
    I don't know which Values you must mod, to make them lesser Energyhungry and more Powerful...

Oh and a Sugestion: Could you make a Zero Energy Blade for one Hand please?
    It can be hald as Powerful as the 2 Hand Version, or give the Helmet something like a build in Lamp or nightvision, like the X - Ray Scope from Super Metroid, if you know it.

(And maybe sometime in Future, could you make a Metroid Armor, Weapon, Ship and Music / Sound Pack With all from Samus Stuff from the different Metroit Parts from Zero Mission, Super Metroid, the Prime Parts and fusion?
    That would be really great. xD )

5. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

I don't care much about balancing until the balancing of the actual game is done - sorry. Actually, i prefer the idea of having vanity armor parts only.

The bed crash is known and will be fixed with the upcomming update. :)

I can add a less powerful 1H zero energy blade.

I didn't added a light item to the mod yet because there a already many other mods that do that. But i would like to add cyberelvs with glowing abilities as soon as its possible to add something similar like Terrarias glowing orbs to the game.

Never played Metroid, so I really don't care about the franchise - sorry. :p

6. Bloody_Kain

Hmm, if I remember right, there is a pet system in the Game... have seen 2 Pet Slots in my inventory last time i have played it.
    wouldn't this do it?

For the Metroid part: AAAwwww.... *sniff* :-(
    There you have missed something! ;-)

Maybe this Song Playlist willl helb you come in the right mood, if you are the next Time in Starbound:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1714D7CFF64DE94A
    ;-)

7. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

I'll check it out. Never messed around with the pet system. ;)

I don't think so. :p

8. Wildaces22

Wildaces22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Didn't someone already do like a ship mod of Samus's ship from the Metroid series? I'm petty sure someone did...[DOUBLEPOST=1420221819][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yep I was right...
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...leek-metroid-ship-by-alsehr-industries.86656/

9. Bloody_Kain

Yeah, but all Metroid Mods that exists now, are for the Enraged Koala build.
    They do not function with the new Beta Build for and with the next patch.
    And there are more than this one Mod, but no one has tried to put them all together in a Modpack and make them Functional for the Winter Update.

10. Wildaces22

Wildaces22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

True, yet at the end of the day (unless your willing to do the updates needed) all we can hope is that the moders will continue to update an improve their works.

11. alepiusaja

alepiusaja Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's complicated huh to use starcheat?nvm i just wait for the next update

12. Lyth329

Lyth329 Orbital Explorer

Hello, I have to admit that I didn't read the warning about the X pants or realized that those were the pants that crashed. Soon as I crafted them, the game crashed. When I load up the game, it instantly crashes. I've tried to upload my save to the save editor thats web based, but the items aren't being read. Is there an easy way to get the pants out of my inventory so I can continue to tinker around?

Thanks for the help! e

13. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Sorry for issues. I'm currently sick and that throw my release plans for a new version back by days.

@Bloody_Kain knows how to fix this issue I think. It would be great if you could post what you've done exactly to fix your save. (no need to write him a PM, he'll get a alert through this post)

I think you used the StarCheat Savegame editor to get rid of all of the mod items, is that right?

14. Bloody_Kain

Yep thats right.
    You must load Starcheat (Search in Google) and install it.
    Start it and it will search for the Starbound folder.
    Here it search for installed Mods, the Version of the Game and the Save Files.

After it is ready, click on the Character that you like to edit. (Maybe you must restart the Programm and he or she will be shown nacked, if you have no Vanilla Clothes on.)
    To bring your Savegame back to work, you MUST deleate, all Items in your Inventory, that has something to do with this Mod.
    Also all Armor Parts, all Masks that you can put on a Wall and all weapons too.
    Only the Crystals, that are needet to build this armors don't need to be deleated.
    (Right click and deleate.)

The Probleme her is, that most of this Armor Stuff won't show up with the correct Icon AND there is a field, for a Item that you have on your Mouse Curser.
    So be careful, what you deleate and do not oversee something.
    After that, save the savegame and restart Starbound.
    Load your Savegame und if it is running, congratulations, you have made it!
    If not, llook if you have overseen something.

Oh, and remember which Amror Part has made this crash and do not build it again!

That was it from me. Good Luck. ;-)

And Crystan: Gett well soon. ;-)

Crystan likes this.
  15. ahmad_amjad3

ahmad_amjad3 Astral Cartographer

Why did this mod make my starbound crashed?...its instantly crashed when i clicked launch starbound on the game launcher

16. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Are you using the unstable version (Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe - Update 1)? The mod won't work with the stable version of the game.

17. ahmad_amjad3

Yes.im using Unstable version when i was trying to test your mod..then walaa.the game crashed..and keep crashin even after i've deleted your mod stuff....

18. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

You need to follow the update instructions:

In short, you need to delete the starbound.config file in your starbound folder. Aswell of your need to backup your stable savegames and universe files. Mods that you used before on the stable version need to be updated or deleted.

19. ahmad_amjad3

I am.but i've never played the nightly one (P/S:i already know how to change the branch -.-)
    so...what is this going to do with my crashed starbound?

20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

The crashes can only happen through a wrong installed mod (the modpack belongs in the /mod/ folder) or you haven't done all neccesary update steps like the ones i've mentioned.
    If you have already done everything of this, please post your starbound log file