1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Matter Manipulator Upgrades Gone

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by AceOfThorns, Oct 2, 2017.

1. AceOfThorns

AceOfThorns Void-Bound Voyager

• What happened? Matter Manipulator upgrades have vanished, and are no longer functional.
    • What were you doing in the game at the time? Logged back into game after carrying out multiple MM upgrades the previous night. Upgrades applied on all functions - last upgrade applied = Wire Tool.
    • Whether you were able to trigger the bug again by repeating what you did. Problem persists. /admin commands attempted, but no resolution achieved.
    • Your operating system name and version. Windows 10 64 bit V 1703 OS Build 15063.608
    • Are you using any mods? If so, which ones? None. Vanilla game - no mods ever used.
    • Whether you're in full screen or windowed mode. Full screen.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

3. AceOfThorns

No log found at Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/starbound.log

4. Iris Blanche

The log is always created everytime you run starbound. It may appear as "starbound" if known file extensions are hidden.

~ Iris ~

5. AceOfThorns

Found it at
    Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

Did that happen with admin command stuff?
    Code:
    [09:59:03.939] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[fluidtool, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'fluidtool'
    [09:59:28.900] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[liquidtool, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'liquidtool'
    Can you put your player file in a zip and upload it here? I'd like to take a look on the file content.

~ Iris ~

7. AceOfThorns

That was a more recent attempt to fix the problem via Admin commands. Sending zip.

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

This is pretty....interesting o.o the mm upgrades are all reset if i put it into my game. Instead of painttool and wiretool you have two PGI. Looks funny though.
    However since i can purchase both modules again it fixes itself.

To get the 6 manipulator modules for free go into admin mode with "/admin" and then type "/spawnitem manipulatormodule 6". Then leave admin mode by typing "/admin" again.

~ Iris ~

9. AceOfThorns

I cannot buy the fluid tool upgrade or the increase range by 2 tiles upgrade again - both do not respond to clicking.

10. AceOfThorns

NVM all seems ok now. Thanks for your help.

11. iimisfito

iimisfito Aquatic Astronaut

how did u fix your issue