Boss Massive Bosses

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Frodew, Jun 25, 2013.

?

Should Massive Bosses Be Added?

1. Yes

86.2%
  2. No

0.8%
  3. I would like to see this feature sometime after the game is actually released

13.1%
  1. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yes!

SpaceRobo likes this.
  2. Visuv

Visuv Space Hobo

I like the idea, but such bosses should probably spawn randomly for the most part. However, some should inhabit a preset planet, fitting style etc. So generally i endorse this.

3. Sekrasus

Sekrasus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think you mean flora. Fauna means animals...

4. trabnas

trabnas Subatomic Cosmonaut

What's bad in having hostile animals on the giant boss planet? I don't see any mistakes

SpaceRobo likes this.
  5. Metalsand

Metalsand Industrial Terraformer

Absolutely. Bosses that are massive in scale that you have to fight in a mech or with a jetpack would be awesome to fight. They could also digest items into a resource obtained after they die, that you can then refine into Pixel currency. That way, it's not the "oh hey, apparently our wolves eat gold coins" syndrome most fantasy games and most other games such as Terraria have.

You could even step it up a notch, and have bosses which are several screens in size but slow moving or even stationary. Think of a sarlak pit which is the size of a small apartment building.

6. Azerk

Azerk Void-Bound Voyager

7. DubstepPotatoes

DubstepPotatoes Tentacle Wrangler

I would LOVE it!

8. Joeker396

Joeker396 Void-Bound Voyager

OK OK... i need to say something about massive bosses. terraria did them well, but they didnt scale AT ALL. once you were the most powerful you could be, you could take on one of the bosses super quickly. these kind of bosses need to scale. say you go to a water planet, like kamino from star wars, and in the water there is a massive beast that eats and destroys everything in the water like a kraken. depending on the scenerio, it should get bigger and bigger by how many players are on the planet. it just makes more sense. dont get me wrong, i LOVE this idea, but it would need to be done the right way. BTW, there needs to be a fire/lava planet with a dragon boss. id squeal like a lil girl :3

9. Pardos

Pardos Pangalactic Porcupine

Jetpacks? Mechs? Please. You HAVE to be able to go Shadow of the Colossus on them! It would be lots of fun to climb a boss and hit his weakpoint for massive damage

10. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Tiy has stated he isn't sure if he wants bosses to scale a long with players, he said it's sometimes nice that ganging up makes it easier.
    EDIT: Also I made a massive-ish boss a while back, if anyone is interested you can find it here, it isn't nearly as massive as Azerk's though. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/caletropeczacic.24964/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  11. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

Bosses don't need to scale if the difficulty itself scales appropriately. A boss on a level 10 planet should be easy when you have top tier gear, but a level 100 planet boss should be really hard no matter what you have. I think that's the best way to "scale" bosses without actually touching them. I believe that's how Chucklefish is approaching them anyway.

Gia-Knight likes this.
  12. zerothegod

zerothegod Orbital Explorer

Now Now lets not get ahead of ourselves...
    ... JUST KIDDING THAT WOULD BE AMAZING

SpaceRobo likes this.