Boss Massive Bosses

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Frodew, Jun 25, 2013.

?

Should Massive Bosses Be Added?

1. Yes

86.2%
  2. No

0.8%
  3. I would like to see this feature sometime after the game is actually released

13.1%
  1. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In Terraria there are massive bosses that can be spawned with craftable or obtainable items. In Starbound it would be nice to see something like this. Maybe not the same process of summoning them from an item but perhaps on each planet that spawns, there is a boss of that world, wether it just roams around or is fast asleep in a dungeon. Maybe these bosses would have "exclusive" loot that could only be obtained by killing them. Also, they would be huge. In my opinion seeing a massive enemy in a game that towers over your character is just amazing.

Anyways I can just see my friends and I going on hunting missions seeking out these bosses for their precious loot, all making sure that we work together to bring it down. Or if you are traveling alone across a vast ocean, suddenly a massive sea boss rises out of the water, giving you the feeling of hopelessness. These moments can shape the best gaming memories.

But we have to be realistic. As good as this idea sounds to me, it would take a ton of work. All the animations for the bosses and scripting for maneuvering around the terrain would take a long time... So if we ever saw something like this, it wouldn't be for a while...

I apologize if this idea was already talked about by the Devs or suggested by another user.
    borderlands_141.jpg Just an example of what I am thinking...

The Squid, Gia-Knight, Zeklo and 14 others like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. dannyboy8899

dannyboy8899 Aquatic Astronaut

planet-sized bosses??

4. trabnas

trabnas Subatomic Cosmonaut

OMG you're reading my mind. Seriously, I wholeheartedly support this idea.

5. AlphaX10

AlphaX10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fight them with your spaceships!

6. Frodew

haha, i wish.

7. yvolcarn

yvolcarn Space Penguin Leader

Maybe the planet itself could be the boss.
    Hostile fauna, monsters spawning, acid rain, random lava blast from the ground, and you have to run around the planet and destroy parts of it to kill the boss.
    Anyway, I do enjoy fighting huge enemies in the more usual sense of huge.

8. dannyboy8899

Facethelight likes this.
  9. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Bosses and 'mega' bosses are already announced

DrTj, dannyboy8899 and Tana64 like this.
  10. Frodew

ah, good to hear. :D

MEWMEW likes this.
  11. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

You're thinking too small, OP. I want a planet sized boss that your whole crew has to spread out on, in order to destroy its vital organs. Maybe it spawns powerful monsters, so you'd need a team of no less than 20 deadly space marines. The tentacle infestation in the human intro kind of shows such a creature exists, doesn't it? Maybe if the tentacle gets a hold of you, it'll launch you into space and then you die.

dannyboy8899 likes this.
  12. dannyboy8899

well upvote this then:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/planet-sized-bosses.24799/

13. Rippedfang

Rippedfang Phantasmal Quasar

It would also be cool if you could fight the "huge bosses" similar to shadow of the colossus, where you can climb onto them and shoot their weak spots!

14. Avernox2000

Avernox2000 Void-Bound Voyager

i had an idea for something like that already! look in mechanics and find "the destroyer (an ancient planet sized monster)"

15. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

Reminds me of the final boss in this. I would LOVE to fight more bosses like this

16. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

This is a good idea, im in fact looking forward to suggest a big boss( i got a great idea, wont release it for now ;D)
    EDIT: i dont mean to advertise, but my idea is out on the forums now! check out a new boss here!

17. braindanger

braindanger Phantasmal Quasar

I LIKE THE IDEA. But how would it work?

18. doguso

doguso Big Damn Hero

Well one tactic would be to create "mini-biomes" centered around a large boss, sort of a megaman stage esque style mixed with the wall of flesh from Terraria?

19. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

[​IMG]

What if we also had giant mechs to fight them with as well (as an option or last resort)?

This sounds obviously kind of out of the blue and hard to implement, but oh my god, would I love me some giant mechs.

(I imagine customization would come from constructing mechs out of separate pieces: arms, legs, torsos, heads, additives, each with their own customizability and materials and requirements.)

braindanger likes this.
  20. SpaceRobo

SpaceRobo Phantasmal Quasar

Bosses that'll need more than 1 person to kill them too,and it could take up to 1 hour,it could be very awesome,like in Maplestory :D

Frodew likes this.