Suggestion Marriage

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DarbCas, May 20, 2018.

?

Would you like to be able to be married to another player and/or be a single parent?

1. Yes

2. Yes to marriage & No to single parent

3. Yes to single parent & No to marriage

4. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DarbCas

DarbCas Space Hobo

Hi, my name is Darby and I love Stardew Valley. I wanted to suggest making it possible for a player + player marriage option. I play with my girlfriend, and we want to get married and have kids (y'know, the whole experience).
    I also wanted to suggest, in general, allowing there to be single parents. What if someone doesn't want to get married, but wants to adopt children?
    Thanks,
    Darby

Update: It has been brought to my attention that you CAN marry your friends, it's just extremely difficult and most of it is left up to chance. Could you make it a tiny bit easier? I'm not saying make the rings out of wood, just maybe make the resources some that are sort of easier to acquire.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    • weaponswinger

weaponswinger Seal Broken

I like that marriage requires a rare item. It makes it an accomplishment that the recognizes the time two players have spent working together instead of a simple vanity option.

Faeryheart and DarbCas like this.
      • RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

I agree with weaponswinger. My friends got married in-game. And I could see how much more it meant to them because of all the work they put into finding/getting the ingredients. When he was finally able to take her to the beach and pop the question, it was much more special than it would have been had they only had to get easy stuff. And wearing the ring means much more to her as well for the same reason.

I do like the idea of being able to be a single parent though. That would be cool to be able to do that.

DarbCas likes this.
        • DarbCas

DarbCas Space Hobo

Yeah I can see what you guys are saying. I didn’t mean easy materials, I just meant easier. So they could still be hard to get, but just easier than the materials they are now. I do appreciate you explaining your viewpoint, though, and I understand why people like the difficulty.