Marriage/Reproduction

Discussion in 'Other' started by colorbeam, Jul 6, 2013.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2013.
  1. Just Marriage

33.3%
  2. Just Reproduction

13.3%
  3. Both Marriage AND Reproduction

33.3%
  4. Neither

40.0%
  1. colorbeam

colorbeam Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it would be insanely cool if, on multiplayer, you and your friend could get married somehow. Maybe like in major cities an NPC would give a quest to get married or something. And...on single player you could get married to an NPC and your husband or wife would stay on your ship or follow you around depending. It would also be really cool if there was like a way for you to reproduce (i'm not being a perv, obviously you would be in a curtained room or something), and after a few hearts popped up you and your spouse would exit and there would be a little baby that would, over time, grow! It would have stages (like the mobs already) and it's parts would be a mix between you and your spouse. Obviously this would be in a post-release update, but I think it would be really fun and cool to have implemented. There could be special perks too! I'm just too lazy to think up what they would be. But when the child would become an adult it could move away..like make it's own little ship and explore on its own! And you could have a way of tracking or communicating so you could visit them at their coordinates whenever you want! I think that would be really cool.

Thoughts?

hababa2, Yoseiri and beardedtroll like this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Change568

Change568 Space Penguin Leader

This is a Family friendly game so Reproduction is most likely out of the question. However i don't see anything wrong with marriage.

colorbeam likes this.
  4. colorbeam

I love you ok

Supreme Suprise likes this.
  5. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's all I needed to read. Nope. no. No. NO. No. NO. No. NO. No. NO. No. and NO. (did I mention No?) :rofl: OK, seriously though, I don't think this would fit into starbound. Especially the reproduction bit (this game was designed with everyone in mind as Change568 said). Just my opinion though. If your really wana make that mod...

Sambo Samba likes this.
  6. colorbeam

Ya....thinking about it.....the repro thing was a tad bit retarded. But I really like the marriage thing.

7. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To each his own. There actually was a thread already about this though. (Just so you know.)

8. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

You and your new wife should be able to get into a car, watch it shake around, and then your health bar refills like in GTA.

I really like this idea. That way me and my big bro can get married and have kids and it wouldn't be creepy at all.

That, and I could make a harem of all the NPC boys I've married. After all, it would be a shame to only allow monogamous relationships.

By the way, in case there is any doubt, everything above this is sarcasm. Heavy. Dripping. Sarcasm.

Relationships and marriages and such should be roleplayed, not status conditions or quest rewards or anything like that.

STCW262 and WoxandWarf like this.
  9. colorbeam

I think it's a really good idea. But I enjoy subtleties.

10. DeadlyLuvdisc

I think roleplaying it out is more subtle than having to do a quest to have your IRL relationship validated by a videogame NPC, but that's just me.

SnakeX and WoxandWarf like this.
  11. colorbeam

I just like marriage. :3

12. DeadlyLuvdisc

I like romance and sex, but I don't want Starbound to be an H game or a dating sim. To be clear, though, you can already get married in Starbound. Just have a friend dress up as the priest and lead the ceremony, and you and your partner can dress up and play along. Hell, I have a friend who persuaded a licensed pastor to get her hitched to a bottle of mountain dew wearing a mustache. The ceremony took place in the park right by the campus. She has a certificate, but it obviously isn't legally recognized.

I really hope you aren't suggesting that relationships in Starbound should be legally binding. The worst thing that could possibly happen to Starbound is getting IRL lawyers involved. Soon people will be banning the game, and your parents will be locking you up in a psyche ward.

13. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

All of the above. Players can already preform ceremony of marriage, but I also think it would be cool to have ring items and NPC children. The way it's handled in other games is that the player character goes into a room with his partner and comes out with a child. It's reasonable to assume this could happen in Starbound, perhaps with a mod.

14. DeadlyLuvdisc

I think it could be an okay mod. Kinda like how Harvest Moon has the blue feather.

Actually, I changed my mind. Marriages have to be in the vanilla game because I want to have the perk of being able to transform into bride-zilla and stop on other players in PvP while breathing atomic fire breath on their bases. MY WEDDING CAKE MUST BE PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL!!! WHY AREN'T THE NAPKINS FOLDED THE WAY I ASKED?! I SAID THE INVITATIONS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE EMBOSSED WITH GOLD AND LINED WITH SILVER, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! I NEED SOMETHING OLD AND SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED AND SOMETHING BLUE, GOD DAMN IT!!!

Cen Silver and Boneslord like this.
  15. colorbeam

Obviously it wouldn't be legally binding. I just like the idea of being able to marry someone in-game.

16. DeadlyLuvdisc

I'll marry you in-game if you make a mod that allows me to transform into bridezilla and destroy things as I described above.

17. colorbeam

Eh...it's not that important to me. It was a pretty ridiculous idea anyways. I don't know what I was thinking about the whole reproduction thing...I'm kind embarrassed about it actually. I'm still in for the marriage thing though.

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

If done right, it might be OK. Probably better left to a mod, though.

19. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

lol, anyway...
    OT: i like these social perks in games, but i'd want this to be implemented post-release :D

20. colorbeam

Yes, definitely.