RELEASED Marnie Romance Mod

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Stupid-Pants, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Stupid-Pants

Stupid-Pants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Christmas cakes are cool.

Hopeless christmas cakes are even better.

The Marnie Romance Mod expands the character and dialogue behind Pelican Town's local Rancher: Marnie. This mod allows the player to, not only marry Marnie, but also allows them to view a series of Events revolving around a woman who yearns for a fulfilling life beyond quick fixes and years of disappointment.

[​IMG]

I personally believed that the Farmer should've been portrayed as more of a coarse and sarcastic individual, learning to relax after leaving his gruelling job in the Joja Corporation.

That reflects in the responses the player can make throughout this mod.

[​IMG]

As the player, you act as Marnie's voice of reason.

You aim to heal her soul by showing her the joys of leading a (relatively) simple life, grounded in honesty- something you know awaits, you here in the countryside.

You're the only one keeping her from falling back into her rut.

[​IMG]

But your adventure is not without problems. Problems like Mayor Lewis.

[​IMG]

The triggers for events are somewhat harder to obtain than the regular potential spouses you find in the base game.

It should also be said that Lewis' underpants aren't mentioned in Events. I didn't want the quest to interfere with the mod.

I also enjoy displaying them in the Stardew Valley Fair during my first year.

2-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 2 Relationship with Marnie and Lewis
    Time: 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunny Weather

This is one of the Base Game events, where the player catches Lewis making excuses to avoid marrying Marnie. There are edits to the dialogue, however, it is more or less fundamentally the same event.

3-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 3 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 2-Heart Event
    Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, Sunny Weather

4-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 4 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 3-Heart Event
    Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesdays ONLY

6-Heart Event I:
    Requirements: Level 6 Relationship with Marnie, Level 3 with Lewis and Jodi, Completed 4-Heart Event
    Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Sunny Weather

6-Heart Event II:
    Requirements: Level 6 Relationship with Marnie, Level 3 with Lewis (necessary), Completed 6-Heart Event I
    Time: 10:00 AM - 1:50 PM (to prevent doing both events without cheating), Sunny Weather

8-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 8 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 6-Heart Event II
    Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Sunny Weather

10-Heart Event:
    Requirements: Level 10 Relationship with Marnie, Completed 8-Heart Event
    Time: 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Midnight), Sunny Weather

Download Links

MEGA
    Nexus Link

Mod Written and Created by YungVice/Stupid-Pants

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
      Kachii, AfroFarmer, Sennet and 3 others like this.
    • Murdus

Murdus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No comments on such a nice mod?! Unacceptable!

Excellent stuff from what I've seen so far. Only thing I can find wrong is that her 6-heart event in Town doesn't seem to want to trigger, which also prevents me from seeing the subsequent scenes as well. I'd suspect a typo in code, maybe. I'll try on some different days/conditions and see if I have any luck.

Anyway, bug aside, love your portrayal of the farmer as a rather sarcastic person in Marnie's events. Some of those responses are just pure gold.
      It's nice to see someone giving Marnie a bit more love in terms of modding. She's a sweetheart and I felt bad for her until your mod came along.

9/10 would recommend to others. Code on, good sir. :headbanging:

• Rod&Root

Rod&Root Void-Bound Voyager

Downloaded it. I already had both Marnie and Lewis' hearts maxed before, and I'm unsure but I think that might have been my trouble.

When I talked to characters who were labeled as single, it only let me speak to them a few times before they didn't speak anymore. When I spoke to Marnie the game crashed, and I did it a few times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Are these known bugs, or would I have to make a completely new game to get the mod going without all the crashes?

• Rammii

Rammii Guest

This is Really Useful for those Who Liked Marnie Portraits That Were Not Compatible with Siv's Marriage Mod!:DD

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

What does Marnie's spouse room look like?

• zidanreign

zidanreign Void-Bound Voyager

This mod hasn't been updated since October so it might not work with your current game, considering the errors reported on the Nexus page for this mod.