Market Stall

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EGadd, Feb 15, 2013.

1. CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

No no I get it, it's just I find it tedious to do it like that.
    I mean..selling low quality stuff to the NPCs is a bit..o_O
    Well, you're the one grew it xD

• falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah it would be tedious and boring, but it leads back to the mental decision, you can choose to do that or not, it's up to you. If you want to see if you can get more for low quality goods than just the standard shipping price, thats a risk you can choose to take, otherwise just save time and go with the safe route.

• CJoker3221

I guess it'll be good to get some extra cash at the very beginning :)

• falseangel

I know it must seem stupid to wanna spend that much time to sell low quality items, but i'm glad you see where i'm coming from! I also wanna say that i didn't mean to sound condescending to you, and if i did, i apologize :)

• CJoker3221

And here's another thing, would the stall be at your own farm, or would it be a public stall?
            If it was a private stall, it would be awkward that NPC'll have to go to your farm to check your stall out but public however, you have to earn enough "Town Trust" in order to use it

• falseangel

Well maybe you could start out as a public stall, and maybe as you gain the towns trust, they could let you own and operate your own store! You could locate it on your farm for convienence or have it in a more public place for publicity.

• CJoker3221

Well, I wouldn't go all out for a store..since I'll be a bit lazy to run that store to begin with :p
                Most probably, I'm gonna use the stall for valuable things like ores for me to get an 'umph' for my cash bag ;)

• falseangel

Thats true, a store might be a bit much to handle... I guess though if you could set your own work days and hours that might make things more manageable... or better yet, hire your own clerk to man the counter! Still, i think that a stall would be best in most cases, i'm just a really organized person who likes to be knit-picky over a lot of things.

• CJoker3221

Hiring a clerk defeats the whole point of manually selling your item :p

• falseangel

Curse your logic!! But yeah you are right... Idk then about the store thing then, maybe its best to stick entirely with the market stall.

• Floofykins

Floofykins Space Hobo

to encourage maning the stall you could make the deliver box sell all goods at the same base price no matter the quality of the veg, at the stall you can charge higher prices for the higher quality goods, but finding the limmits people will goto for those high qual good is upto us to find out, iam hoping theres blacksmithing in as well? i'd be fun if you could just mine and smith and sell your quality tools/weapons/jewlery instead of be limmited to just farming

• CJoker3221

That's pretty much the same as Produce Bin or are you actually talking about the produce bin/shipping bin o_O

• Floofykins

Floofykins Space Hobo

yes i ment the produce bin :p instead of the price you get for 'binning' it being varyed for the quality lvl of the good it gives only a single base price reguardless, to get more for your quality goods you gotta setup your stall and haggle with the npcs

• CJoker3221

Yeah, that's..what we've been saying above o_O

• Floofykins

Floofykins Space Hobo

is it? i mustnt be paying full attention then sorry

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

Sort of like a bazaar? I wouldn't put it high in my list.

• CJoker3221

Well, a bazaar is a pretty big 'community' selling place, it's just a stall where you, yourself sell stuff

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, true. Though a bazaar could be an interesting addition.

EGadd likes this.