Market Stall

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EGadd, Feb 15, 2013.

1. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm thinking it would be really cool if you could set up your own market stall to sell your produce. What I'm thinking is you'd set up your stall somewhere in town and passing by NPCs could stop by your stall and buy your goods (Much like Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life)

I'm not saying it should be the only way you sell your goods but I think it would be great fun setting up and selling produce to the locals.

What do you think?

Lyrael, Badger and falseangel like this.
    • falseangel

falseangel Phantasmal Quasar

I like this idea, it seperates from the worn concept of "throw your stuff into this large bin and you'll get money for it" Maybe you could also set your own prices on the goods you sell! Or even possibly just open up your own store!! Awesome!

EGadd likes this.
      • Jarl Sheogorath

Jarl Sheogorath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eggad, falseangel, I like the way you think!

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, I remember this function in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, where you set up a stall to sell stuff, would be a great idea to do :)
          But here's the thing, would it be an automatic -you put things in a box and it'll get bought- or would it be manual, where you have to be there to sell?
          If it was automatic, then it would be just the same as putting your crops into a box, and let it get shipped, like in every Harvest Moon games :/
          Manually however, you'd have to spend some time on your stall, like giving prices and such, so it's best to sell High Quality Veges/Fruits or items you find in the dungeon at the stall.
          Maybe you can only sell like 10-15 items at a time at the stall and wait for NPCs to come.
          Example:

-NPC comes along, checking your stall-
          NPC: That "Crystal Cluster" looks beautiful! How much are you selling that for?
          You: I can sell it for about -insert amount here-!
          NPC (Bad Reaction): That's pretty steep...can you lower it? -repeat above-
          NPC(Meh Reaction): That's acceptable I suppose
          NPC (Good Reaction): Wow! That's a deal! :) (Relationship may increase but you gain less profit)

So basically, it's a cut-scene with an option where you change the value of the object you're selling, depending on the price, he/she will buy it or not.

• EGadd

Yeah, I prefer the idea of staying at the stall and selling your goods rather than placing them there for people to buy. Also could be good in co op.

"I've been at this stall for 10 minutes, think you could take over while I do some work on the farm?"

and yeah, I think it would be cool if NPCs could barter, maybe not a cut-scene every time someone tries to buy, seeing as you'd be doing it a lot, the cut-scenes could get a bit much.

• Badger

Badger Orbital Explorer

Ahh, I remember the good old days of power-farming through the night. The box was my best friend. The stall thing would be good, but I agree that actually manning the stall would be a nicer option. Either that or have the choice of leaving it as an "honesty box" type system. While running the risk that people could steal your produce and pay nothing :p

CJoker3221 and EGadd like this.
              • CJoker3221

Yup, that's why I don't like the -put item on stall and auto-sell- thing, I mean, who wouldn't take something that isn't guarded :p
                And yeah, the box is MAH LIFE!
                I remember how mad the guy/girl who was in charge of shipping whenever I don't have anything in that box :p

• falseangel

Personally i would love to manage a stall and sell my goods at my own prices, at the location I think will give me most customers, and best of all, do it my own unique way, which is all you can ask for really. Maybe there can also be a system in place where certain npcs have specific likes and dislikes, like a miner or construction sort of npc will be willing to pay more (and still raising their freind level) for minerals, building materials, or gemstones, but aren't too willing too pay as much for veggies or textile goods. idk how exactly this kind of system could be implemented, but it was an idea i had just now.

CJoker3221 likes this.
                  • CJoker3221

Yup, I've posted that above :)
                    If you've played Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life on PS2, there's a system quite like that :)
                    Or was it...? o_O

• falseangel

I know, don't worry, i was just concurring with your idea joker! All I added was that certain npcs have favorite items they might like to buy, paying more, and still raise their friendship. But i apoligize if i came across like i was just reposting your idea:cry:. And yes, i've played A Wonderful Life, and it's sequel, Another Wonderful Life, both had the market system, but i usually didn't bother with it.

• CJoker3221

Nah I don't mind :)
                        On the other hand..maybe we should be able to sell animals too..but I doubt any other houses in the Valley have pig pens or barns for those bought animals to stay in lol..

• EGadd

Well, maybe you could butcher your own animals and sell the meat? :p

I mean, what else are pigs used for anyway?

• falseangel

Yeah... selling actual animals would kinda be out of place for a market stall, but maybe there could be an animal auction from time to time where people interested in animals would show up to, and also where if you wanted you could put your best cow or other animal and see how much it could run for?

• CJoker3221

-insert Minecraft Reference here- ;p
                              Nah, just kidding xD
                              But who knows, maybe someone wants a pet Piglet ;)

• falseangel

Nooooooo! Egadd, we are not hurting our animals:speechless:! This is a farming, not a slaughter house game!:cry:

• CJoker3221

That's true in a way lol
                                  I've noticed in Harvest Moon and Rune Factory..we never kill our animals for their flesh xD
                                  Maybe...SV will be a different type of game..-evil grin-
                                  Anyway, getting way off topic xD
                                  I'm also thinking there should be a limit of 'quality' on the veges/fruits you're selling
                                  Like you'd have to get the product to be above 80+ quality for it to be on the stall

EGadd likes this.
                                  • EGadd

Or maybe the better the quality is the more likely it will sell for the asking price?

• falseangel

Maybe, but that could also limit us to not selling items that we may just wanna get off our hands, and can't ship the produce box. I also think it should be up to us to make the business decision of what we sell, if we wanna sell 4o, 2o% quality carrots or 2o, 40% qualitly carrots is up to us. I don't think we should put limitations onto systems that aren't necessarily needed. Do you see where i'm coming from joker? It's not a bad idea, but i like freedom to do things my way.

• CJoker3221

Well, you can rake up some extra cash that way other than using the usual shipping bin or selling it directly to the store
                                        Pretty good addition there

• falseangel

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not there with the math thing, because honestly i am terrible at it;). Anyways, it was just to illustrate that I want to make my choices without being barred from some options, if you want to sell more rare goods to see if you can get more than what there worth, thats a mental decision, you don't need a system to regulate that kind of thing for you.