maps of interiors - paths

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kurachi84, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

does anyone have such maps as the wiki has where villagers walk, but in buildings?
    i'd like to put some stuff in other people's houses, but no idea where they walk

thanks in advance

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

If you placed on the floor, on every space inside the building, items that the NPCs could destroy as they walked through them, you should be able to generate your own maps. Some NPCs have pathing that changes by season, as well as by the day of the week, so I'd probably leave them for a year to ensure that all pathing options are accounted for. You should also wait until year 2 before you start, to capture Kent's pathing, and bear in mind that sometimes, marriageable NPCs will walk to and from the town, along the path through the bus stop area.

BTW, the outdoor pathing maps on the wiki use Rotten Plant, presumably spawned using a mod.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

was just hoping for someone to already have done it
        for some reason i cnnot make screenshots, and think it's my monitor, as i cannot see the faces of anyone when buying or selling stuff, so afraid i gotta wait until i have my own place in reallife, and can get a new monitor (and have the space for one)

graphics aren't good on this PC, luckily i can play the game
        but yeah, until then, i gotta wait.... and make a new character for just that, cuz i don't want the villagers to be mad at me when they destroy stuff, haha

anyway, i think noone did it yet, and if by the time i can do more, there's still none, i'll do it myself
        waiting til year 2 may kill it for their paths in year 1, which i think are somewhat different

and as for the existing maps, the one in pelican town southern half doesn't show how Haley will walk when you married here, like you mentioned

thanks for helping, anyway :)

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not promising, and certainly not immediately because of busy IRL for the next month anyway, but after that, and once 1.4 is bedded in, I might have a go at making indoor NPC pathing maps and getting them onto the wiki

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

the thought itself already is nice, thanks!