Modding Help map making [newbie]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hurokun, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Hurokun

Hurokun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hello there, im new into modding and specialy into map making.

im trying to make a map using Tiled by looking into other map mods to learn how to do stuff + several tutorials. over all im doing good but i have a few things that i didnt understand:

on some maps i see tiles with "spawnable : t " on them, what 'spawnable' do? (not sure if it have anything to do with the MNT dependency).

is there any diference in caps? ex: 'nospawn: t' and 'nospawn: T'

also is if i set the type propriety to lets say 'stone' and add 'diggable: T' will i be able dig and plant?

and the last one: is it possible to make an extra map where cabins and farm buildings are placeble?

thanks for the help

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I only have some minor experience in map editing and most of what I know is from reading the map modding wiki, but:
      1. I don't know specifically if "spawnable" is a command in the default maps, but spawning in general usually refers to things like trees, weeds, grass, etc.. All of the debris that spawns on the farm throughout the game until you have the gold clock. The only spawn properties I know of are the NoSpawn varians.
      2. Capitalization doesn't seem to matter.
      3. Setting a tile to "stone/grass/dirt/wood" just tells the game what kind of footstep noises your farmer will make when they step on those tiles. As long as a tile has Diggable: T as a property, you will be able to dig and plant crops in that location.
      4. It's possible to place any buildings you want on the farm, but they will not behave as the actual building you construct from Robin. For example, you can place a barn on the map if you want. But you cannot place any cows there as there's no way for the map itself to read that as a barn without it being purchased and constructed from Robin. It's a different part of the game code altogether from the map.

• Hurokun

thanks for the answer, really took a weight from my shoulders (aka fear of doing tons of stuff and having to change later because i didnt understand the mechanics before)

abut the farm buildings is actually building them trough Robin. I saw a mod that somehow allowed you have an extra map for farming that allowed you to choose to construct buildings on it when buying but i cant find it anymore. so i was curious how something like that would be possible.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, I misunderstood your question regarding the buildings then. My bad, sorry about that. I know there are some farm map expansions involving extra maps but I've never personally used them so I can't offer much insight. You can always try to find some and open the maps in Tiled to see how they work. You can also try going to the SDV modding Discord for help as well.

• Hurokun

thanks for the help!
            i believe i can do most of the work now, i know i will hit a new wall when i finish and need to make the placements for the house, green house, exits, etc. and compiling it but lets leave tomorrow problems for tomorrow :)