Modding Help Map editing: Turning Tiles into 'walls'

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Liz2626, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Liz2626

Liz2626 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi o/

So, disclaimer... I am new to anything and everything relating modding and or programming.

I am attempting to re-do the spouse rooms. Here is what I have done/accomplished so far. [Not much]

I unpacked the .xnb spouseroom file and attemted to edit ithe .tbin file on TILED. The original plan was to change the wallpapper and floors, which I did by adding the .png file I got from a wallpapper/floors mod as a tileset. Now, I also ereased everything in the room (furniture and wall hangings).

This actually worked (somehow). So I had a room with invisible walls (since my ereasing was actually putting invisible walls appearently), the right wallpapper and flooring.
    Then I tried ADDING furniture, from mods. I did the same thing I had done with the wallpapper. I added some .png files from mods I had downloaded. This didn't work and showed an error on SMAPI as I tried to load the game.

Thus, I gave up and decided to leave the room empty and furnish it in game. So I proceeded to delete some of the layers and remake them (to get rid of invisible walls since I didn't know how to erease them). I also removed the wallpapper tile from the building layer since it wouldn't let me place a desk against the wall (because of the height I think?).

Anyway I can place furniture in the room just fine, but I still can not place anything on the walls. When I try it, it tells me this item must be placed on a wall.

I am hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction when it comes to the wall tiles. Also, if anyone would be kind enough to explain to me how to erease invisible walls and place the furniture in TILED instead of ingame, I'd love you forever.

Thank you!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

The farmhouse is an absolute pain to work with, there's a lot of hardcoding surrounding it, and the spouse rooms. You won't be able to put anything on the walls of the spouse room, unless you add it to the map of that spouse's room through Tiled.

• jenf

jenf Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020