1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Map Creation Bug Report

Discussion in 'Support' started by RollingResonant, May 18, 2019.

1. RollingResonant

RollingResonant Aquatic Astronaut

Hope this is the correct place to report this.

In the map editor (scenario mode) create a Trigger with the condition equivalent of:

If(unit presence of ANY UNIT at ANY LOCATION by CURRENT PLAYER == 0)

The "Current Player" is where it seems to glitch. If a player is specified it will work as expected. I cam specify each player, but what would be 5 triggers will become 20 triggers, since I'm writing a trigger for 4 players.

Thanks for your time :)

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Which game are you talking about? This doesnt look like starbound to me.

edit: moved to wargroove support

Last edited: May 19, 2019
      • RollingResonant

RollingResonant Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for the edit. Sorry about that.

Update on bug report:

For what I needed I found a workaround by using "ANY PLAYER" instead of "CURRENT PLAYER".

Hopefully that doesn't add complications later, but it might. However, I and others likely need "CURRENT PLAYER" fixed soon for map creation. Any unit spawned for the current player is defaulted to PLAYER 1. I have confirmed there was no glitch of code on my end since the Triggers I used are set to Current Player.

Debug info:
        Platform:
        Nintendo Switch
        Map Size: Max / Largest
        Map Type: Scenario
        Player Count: 4 players and AI and Neutral units.

Bug Condition with: CURRENT PLAYER

FOUND 2 Conditions (so far):

1. When attempting to detect presense of 0 units at specified location (likely bug in ANY LOCATION as well).

2. When spawning units for other players (confirmed as player 2) through reference of CURRENT PLAYER, it spawns for PLAYER 1.

I'll have to put my map on hold until this gets fixed, because if I do not use the CURRENT PLAYER condition, it would add a ridiculous amount of Triggers to achieve the same result. I am not even sure if the map would support that many triggers.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you