1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. adimetro11

adimetro11 Spaceman Spiff

Oh hell yeah! Finally! a mod that specifically caters to my fetish for unique guns.

I can imagine myself sitting on a tower of guns like the wallpaper from ages, ages past.

edit: Will there be compatibility patches for the other weapons that add new random weapon types (eg. God Dame weapon mods, Supper's mod, etc.)?

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

So I'm thinking of stuffing this into my admittedly abnormal load of mods, but I'm somewhat concerned about compatability with some of the older weapon mods I'm working with right now.

Specifically:
    Tactical Weapons - As it makes random-generated Mine Launchers, I'm worried it may have conflicts.
    Weapon Reinforcer - Fills more of the command card, so wondering if it'll cause issues considering the added line.
    Astronomical Armory - More random weapongen items and a new alt ability.
    God Dame Series - Just double-checking if the God Dame weapons were considered for compatibility or not. Not using the names, just the new weapon types.

3. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It will work with all of them:
    • Tactical Weapons, Astronomical Armory and God Dame Series
      • Add new weapon types, so no problem at all, Manufacturer's touch only modify vanilla weapons at the moment.
    • Weapon Reinforcer
      • Tooltip is specifically designed to be compatible with it.
    For more compatibility info, you refer here: Steam discussion about compatibility

@Kitikira is polishing the next release, and it will be orders of magnitude more modular and adaptable that the current version.
    Once it's released, I will try to do patches for all the main weapon mods, but the degree of integration will depend not only on our side, but on the willingness of their authors to collaborate.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not a compatibility issue, but a dev issue.
    adding a manufacturer type for my mod
    in example.manu it reads at the bottom "//NOTE: all of these can be removed from the file, as the builder will just use defaults then"

this does not refer to entirety of the lines
    Code:
      "rangedPrimaryAbility" : { //the changes for ranged weapons
      },
      "meleePrimaryAbility" : { //the changes for melee weapons
      }
    as when i removed them entirely i got a perfectly generic item (only for weapons attempting to spawn my type, all other spawned fine)
    Code:
    #starbound.log (clipped)
    [10:54:51.701] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[commonaxe, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:197: attempt to index a nil value (field 'meleePrimaryAbility')
    stack traceback:
       [C]: in metamethod '__index'
       [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:197: in global 'applyManufacturerStats'
       [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:232: in global 'setupManufacturer'
       [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:126: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:10>

The simple fix is just to add them back in.

The question is "all of these" is supposed to refer to what? the comments?

5. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry about the very long wait, I've been gone for about a month doing other things and kind of forgot about this. I think everything was supposed to be removable at some point in time, and I must have messed up something later that made it not work.

From what I can see in the error, it seems like the "meleePrimaryAbility" is the part that can't be removed, and possibly "rangedPrimaryAbility".

It should be perfectly fine to leave those empty, but being able to removing them entirely is something I should have implemented and I'll try to fix it.

I've started working on this project again since I heard it was no longer compatible with FrackinUniverse, and I had a reasonable big update in the works that I just kind of left on hold for a while.

6. Kitikira

Sorry about me being silent for so long, life got in the way for a short amount of time and got me out of the "groove" for modding, but I've since started working again on this mod.

This is the current changelog so far for update 1.1, which I hope to release tomorrow, provided I don't get stuck on any major bugs. This is completely subject to change

Special thanks to sayter for help with FU comptability and understanding how crits work.

Also huge thanks to AlbertoRota, who has contributed immensely to this project, and created a large amount of the innovations in this update.

Manufacturer Changes
    • New Random Palettes
    • Manufacturer names on tooltips are now colored
    • The muzzle flash for manufacturer-made weapons is now colored to fit the elemental type

• Rotik
    • Rotik ranged weapons fire slower than normal, and do less damage
    • However, their speed and damage increase as you continue attacking with them

• Shade Co.
    • Low fire rate weapons are still more accurate than normal, but high fire rate weapons are much more inaccurate
    • However, all Shade co. weapons becomes more accurate the longer they fire
    • If FU is loaded, Shade co. melee weapons will have a 1.15x multiplier for their critical chance, but only do 1/4 the bonus critical damage

• Xia-Li
    • Ranged Xia-Li weapons are able to generate energy while in use, granting them 40% bonus energy efficiency
    • However, if you deplete your energy fully while using one, you will be shocked
    • Melee Xia-Li weapons also generate energy, granting you an increased passive energy regeneration while you hold one

Compatibility
    • FrackinUniverse
    • Now has tooltip labels for FrackinUniverse's critical stats
    • Manufacturers can now modify critical chance and critical bonus for weapons
    • Be careful with this, as even small changes can result in large balance changes
    • Quarterstaffs and Shortspears can have manufacturers just like any other random weapon type

• Weapon Assembly
    • Made the manufacturer palette changing compatible with Weapon Assembly
    For Modders
    • Note: manufacturers using the older file-styles should still be compatible, but they will need to be changed if you want to take advantage of these newer features
    • Manufacturers can now add variables to weapons, and these variables can be referenced by scripts
    • Manufacturers can replace weapon scripts with other scripts
    • Manufacturers can add new scripts to weapons
    • Manufacturers can set up .appearance files for themselves, which can change how specific weapons appear through more ways than just palettes
    • They can set the random weapon parts, offsets for things such as muzzles and hands, palettes, muzzleflash, etc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Kitikira

Hotfix 1.1.1

9. MrNage95

MrNage95 Void-Bound Voyager

Received the 1.1.1 update; there is overlapping in the weapon tooltips from the Weapon Reinforcer Mod, specifically tooltips from most 2-handed weapons.

10. Kitikira

I ended up having to change the tool tip spacing in order to better allow for critical stats for Frackin' Universe, but sadly that resulted in Weapon Reinforcer's labels being covered up.

If you download the options file, there is a way in there to change the tool tips so that they don't collide with Weapon Reinforcer (see manufacturerstouch.config), but sadly that is the only way so far to get them to work well together until I find a new tool tip style I am satisfied with (which should hopefully be next time I update).

11. andhar

andhar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mh...i get the following error notes in the log:

Code:
    [Error] Could not instantiate item '[npcassaultrifle, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:48: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'shortdescription')
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__concat'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:48: in global 'addPrefix'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:110: in global 'applyManufacturerStats'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:267: in global 'setupManufacturer'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:135: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:10>
    [22:56:10.861] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[npcbroadsword, 1, {}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:48: attempt to concatenate a nil value (field 'shortdescription')
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__concat'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:48: in global 'addPrefix'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:110: in global 'applyManufacturerStats'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/manufacturers.lua"]:267: in global 'setupManufacturer'
        [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:135: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:10>
    [22:56:16.364]
    and all the NPCs spawn with Matter Manipulators instead of weapons...

Nevermind - the error is gone after the latest hotfix. Didn't noticed it because the times of upload are so similar (9AM and 9 PM) ;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  12. Kitikira

Update 1.1.2 ~ Starbound 1.2

13. Kitikira

Hotfix 1.1.3

14. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Is the knockback/recoil in certain guns (the ones that kick you back) an addition from this mod, or is it vanilla?

15. Kitikira

I don't think there's any guns in vanilla that use that. AlbertoRota was the one that created the script for it and got it working in this mod.

16. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am not sure if this is an issue with your mod or FrackinUniverse, but they aren't working for Weapon Reinforcer. Either of them and Weapon Reinforcer work, but not together with it. Which mod is it and how do I fix this?

17. Kitikira

That would probably be this mod. I've done a few fixes to make it compatible with Weapon Reinforcer, but it looks like there are still some things missing. I'lll add it to my to-do list, I haven't worked much on this for the last few days due to the holidays.

18. BadConina

BadConina Void-Bound Voyager

19. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  20. Kitikira

Hotfix 1.1.4