1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Manufacturer's Touch 1.2.16

Weapons manufacturers now have an effect on randomly generated weapons.

1. Kitikira

Kitikira Phantasmal Quasar

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jareix Cryvix and AlbertoRota like this.
  2. Kitikira

AlbertoRota likes this.
  3. Superepicgecko

Superepicgecko Space Penguin Leader

4. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. AlbertoRota

Pull request sent with the code to allow custom weapon parts.
    Furthermore, attached you have an example o a sub-mod that re-skin all Callox sniper rifles as "God dame anti-material rifles".

IMPORTANT: Attached sub-mod will NOT work until Kitikira accepts and deploy a new update, the sub-mod is done accordingly to how I've done the things, but until Kitikira release it, changes can happen (Even the full feature can be rejected).

Re-skin sub-mods can be added and removed at any time, the weapon will just re-draw itself auto-magically!!!!
    Hope you like it :nuruwink:

Edit: All assets used in the attached sub-mod are from Superepicgecko, more specifically from his "God Dame Anti-Material Rifles" mod, I give him full permission to upload/re-upload, distribute and claim full authorship of said sub-mod, no credit / atribution / mention needed, being serious, is 99.99999% his work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  6. G4-LV35

G4-LV35 Void-Bound Voyager

On the server i play i spawn custom weapons with ingame commands, after the server installed this mod, the FU weapons i renamed switched back to their original names and i can't change then back.
    Example
    /spawnitem fuaegisaltminigun 1 '{"shortdescription":"Test Minigun"}'
    If i spawn this, it will just give me the Imperius Minigun instead of Test Minigun

Any help is appreciated.

7. Kitikira

I checked it out, and found the problem. Unrandom weapons would instead always look at the original config for the name, but spawning it with a different name would instead set that name as the parameter, rather than the config. I got this fixed, and in doing so also managed to find another bug with some names not being colored (they instead used "legendary" as the rarity, rather than "Legendary", as the default weapon use), and fixed it.

8. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Quick question, is the recoil thing a vanilla thing? Because I've been digging through your mod's assets (no offense i hope) to see if I could find something along those lines, but havent had any luck so far.

9. Kitikira

I don't think so, I think it was something that AlbertoRota created. Instead the weapons that use recoil have this set in their primary ability.
    Code:
    "recoil" : {
      "speed" : 200.0,
      "force" : 1500.0
    }

In addition, they have "/items/buildscripts/manufacturer/recoil.lua" added to their scripts like this
    Code:
    "scripts" : [
        "/items/active/weapons/ranged/gun.lua",
        "/items/buildscripts/manufacturer/recoil.lua"
       ],

Since you can use this mods resources in other mods, feel free to take that script and add it to your own mod if you want. Just so you know, in the next version the location of that script file has been changed, so that file path will be different.

Daoshinto likes this.
  10. Jareix Cryvix

Thanks! I'll be sure to credit you all in my mod!

11. G4-LV35

G4-LV35 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, thanks then, didn't expect a reply.
    Being the weapons maker of the server is all that i an.
    Keep up the good job

12. Jareix Cryvix

13. AlbertoRota

Glad it helped you!
    If you need any help with weapon or status effect scripts, just drop me a PM, I've already done quite interesting things and I'm able to do even more :nurutease:

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  14. AlbertoRota

>>> Emergency report <<<
    Destination:
    The Protectorate - High protector XXXXX
    Subject: Manaticon weapon development

My dearest friend, sorry for using this emergency channel, I now that is not secure.. but this was the only way.
    I have bad news, very bad news indeed.

Callox are not the only ones who are improving their arsenal, Manaticon chemist has done great improvements to their weapons, right now, they are not only "Elemental"... but "SUPER Elemental", they no longer rely on kinetic energy or solid ammunition, but only in elemental damage.

I have had access to some live video footage but... i must warn you my dearest friend, those videos worrisome.

Manaticon super fire weapons are targeted to adventurers who face outstanding threats, they improve over conventional burning weapons using a progressively heating liquid, that after ignited, burns hotter the longer it remains ignited:
    ManaticonFire.gif

Manaticon super ice weapons are targeted to police officers who need to immobilize a target without killing it, they improve over conventional ice weapons using a progressively cooling liquid, that further cools the longer it remains on the target:
    ManaticonIce.gif

Manaticon super electric weapons are targeted to pest control workers who need to deal with a ton of targets, they improve over conventional electric using an hyper-conductor super-ionized plasma, that charges every target it hits with so much static electric that thunderbolts are immediately shoot from the target skin :
    ManaticonShock.gif

Manaticon super poison weapons are targeted to assassins who need to deal with a target and cause confusion, they improve over conventional poison using parasite tentacle lifeforms enriched with Erchius, once the target is dead, the parasite leaves the body, beginning their killer life:
    ManaticonInfection.gif

My dearest friend, if you have seen the last video, you should already known how dangerous this could be, we both have seen those lifeforms in the antique writings, and we both know what that means... "It will return"...

I've heard that the protectorate graduation ceremony is going to be held soon on the earth, please, don't go, meet me at the outpost, we need to re-check those writings...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  15. Jareix Cryvix

Ohhhh man... This is going to get good...

16. macilnor

macilnor Seal Broken

Bug:
    [12:22:19.480] [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (StarException) Unknown damage definition with kind 'explosiveplasma'.
    [0] 4b513a Star::captureStack
    [1] 4b4058 Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 4b4372 Star::StarException::StarException
    [3] 5548e7 Star::DamageDatabase::config
    [4] 867b4b Star::WorldClient::handleDamageNotifications
    [5] 870324 Star::WorldClient::update
    [6] 807000 Star::UniverseClient::update
    [7] 420bb6 Star::ClientApplication::updateRunning
    [8] 41f805 Star::ClientApplication::update
    [9] 9dcc1f Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [10] 9dce66 Star::runMainApplication
    [11] 4225bc WinMain
    [12] af6a66 __scrt_common_main_seh
    [13] 7c817077 RegisterWaitForInputIdle
    Appears always when using Energy Lance with that gun (attached screenshot).

Attached Files:

AlbertoRota likes this.
  17. AlbertoRota

Outstanding report, seem that "explosiveplasma" damage is not properly patched to "Energy Lance" weapon ability.
    I will try to fix it and I will send it to @Kitikira :nuruhappy:

18. AlbertoRota

Ok, solution found and sent to @Kitikira

Once again, a big THANK YOU to @macilnor for the extremely detailed bug report.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  19. Kitikira

Thanks for the report! Sorry I didn't check this out sooner.

Thank you for doing this. I should have the patch out tomorrow (Sunday, probably around 20:00 GMT since I'm in PDT). Also it should have a patch for that name bug with nonrandom weapons spawned with commands, which should also have been released long ago but I somehow spaced out on.

Sorry again I haven't been doing much work on this project, my free time has dramatically shrunk lately and I've been spending too much of what I have on other things.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  20. Kitikira

Kitikira updated Manufacturer's Touch with a new update entry:

1.0.7 Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

Superepicgecko and AlbertoRota like this.