1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Mantis Race 0.6.7 [Spirited Giraffe]

A race of paleontologist insects bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe.

1. AlphaGodith

AlphaGodith Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to try out the new update but I'm busy re-drawing the sprites for my own race mod T.T

2. Setrilo

Setrilo Phantasmal Quasar

Well it's not terribly different from the old version, just added the noises like you suggested (they sound much better by the way) and fixed a couple bugs (hehe..bugs).

3. AlphaGodith

heheh :rofl: I wanna see the new mandibles and antennae, though. I think I saw someone requesting more body colors? Cuz that would be nice, too.

4. Setrilo

I only added a couple. And yea the colors are being worked on. I'm probably going to remove some colors like purple as well--you don't find many purple mantis (IF they even exist).

5. AlphaGodith

true that.

6. Setrilo

7. Setrilo

8. Setrilo

9. DekoDaGeko

DekoDaGeko Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there, I have just done a small review of your incredible mod.

Hope you like it,

Olie.

Shadewarp and Setrilo like this.
  10. Setrilo

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever have someone video review my mod! Thank you so much! I'll upload this to the mod's front page now so others can see it.

11. DekoDaGeko

DekoDaGeko Aquatic Astronaut

I have been looking for a cool mod to start my starbound mods series and your mod looked the best with the most potential.

Shadewarp, Deathsdoll and Setrilo like this.
  12. Setrilo

I definitely have a huge vision for this mod, and I'm glad you think it has potential. Once again, I'm really honored, and I can't thank you enough!!

13. Setrilo

DekoDaGeko likes this.
  14. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

Fast update, love u sooooooooo much :) TY

15. Setrilo

And thank you for downloading so fast! Also you should thank RyuujinZERO, he fixed this one error I have no idea how to deal with. Seriously give him a like and a review, he deserves it!

16. zxlink

zxlink Space Spelunker

Very cool, but one thing: They look a lot more like ants than mantids: [​IMG] vs [​IMG] I think it's the eyes, on mantids they tend to be large and alien-like, and normally colored similarly to the rest of their head. Also, I get that you're going for the traditional green "praying mantis" but there are some weird, cool looking mantids out there: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The orchid mantis and Violin mantis come to mind. Dudes already look like little aliens.

17. Setrilo

Yea, I thought the wings would separate them more (but then again, some ants actually have wings). The only issue I have with other types of mantis (like orchid and violin) is how would I go about implementing their unique features? I also can't add the arms, which is their most distinguishing factor. I could add an eyecolor slider, but that wouldn't solve much. I can, however, add additional hairstyles that add more than antennae (like those leaves they have on their heads for camouflage) and experiment with that to achieve the species diversity.

18. zxlink

zxlink Space Spelunker

Aye, I can see the issue, try the hairstyle thing though, it can't hurt (and more variety is always a good thing). If you made the eyes slightly larger or gave them a slightly more "bugged out" look (perhaps make different eye shapes part of some hairstyles?), combined with the color slider, I think you'd be about as close as you're gonna get in Starbound, at least until someone comes along and adds support for alternate animations (like reverse joints or extra limbs). Cool to see mantids though, we have around a dozen Ghost mantids and an Indian Flower mantis up on the shelf, they're fascinating little creatures. They're also easily the most "alien" looking thing I've seen up close, so a great fit for Starbound.

19. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi! When I use this mod I get stuck on the loading screen. I tried invididually taking out all the mods I've had and put them back one at a time. The only mods that got me that problem were this mod and the grey alien race mod. >_<

20. Setrilo