Other Making Recipes!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Eoforheard, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Eoforheard

Eoforheard Lucky Number 13

I run the blog stardewvalleyrecipes on Tumblr, where I've been making and posting the recipes for all the in-game recipes so others can make them too. I've been trying to follow them as closely as possible to the image and in-game ingredients.
    Here's a couple recipes I've made (I've made about 28 recipes at the time of writing this):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Survival Burger, Pink Cake, Crabcakes)

So, discussion topics:
    What recipe from the game would you want to try in real life?
    What's your favourite in-game recipe to make?
    What recipe would you want to see added to the game?

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

MMM those look really good! I'm curious about the Tom Khai Soup, and.. I don't really know all the recipes that well tbh. But good job these look scrumptious

Gabaw and Eoforheard like this.
      • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

that is amazing!!! i've seen some of your posts and it's pretty awesome that you're doing this : D

i'd love to try the cranberry candy someday hehehe

Gabaw, Eoforheard and CjBeats like this.
        • Eoforheard

Thanks! I actually have a recipe prepared for Cranberry Candy. Just gotta collect ingredients for it.

Gabaw, MagicallyClueless and CjBeats like this.
          • CjBeats

MMM that'll be good

• Eoforheard

I've made a strawberry variation of it before, so it's not difficult. As for Tom Kha soup, I'm curious about that too. It's like a coconut milk soup? Never tried anything like that. Mind you, I haven't tried most of the recipes I've made before now/am yet to make. There's a few I'm certainly not excited for haha

Gabaw and CjBeats like this.
              • CjBeats

Lol it'll be interesting to try them all. For you that is. I can't virtually taste food i dont think

Gabaw likes this.
                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

If I legit had the option to pick any of the recipes I'd probably go with spaghetti. I'm a pretty simple person xD
                  It's a classic, it's close to my favorite food (lasagna), I know I like it, it's a safe option.

But I've always wanted to try pumpkin pie! I'm not american, so I've never had it before. The closest I've been was a pumpkin cake (didn't have the right ingredients for a pie at the time xD ) but cake is not pie.
                  And I'm also very curious about that strange bun! Can't imagine it's tasty, but I must know o_O

And for a recipe I'd add, I'd add lasagna. Lasagna is goooood.

Gabaw and CjBeats like this.
                  • Eoforheard

What country are you from? And I bought evaporated milk recently for pumpkin pie!
                    Strange bun was actually really tasty. The buns were so soft and yummy. The escargot inside was really good too, as long as you know it's there before you start eating it ;P

Gabaw likes this.
                    • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm from Denmark. We prefer cake over here which is why we had the ingredients for that ready in a moment of impulsive baking :p

Gabaw likes this.
                      • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

FOOD!! Haha wow this is a first for the forum I think. Someone crazy enough to make virtual recipes a reality and also good enough to make them look so f**king tasty tho. plus your photography is really good too, which I guess is a skill needed for all chefs in this digital age :p

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ha, as it turns out, I am /extremely/ suggestible to things like this when I play games that have cooking in them, and I often suddenly get the urge to dine like my character does. I made a home-made stuffing (including baking the bread from scratch) a few weeks ago based on the Stardew hazelnut n' cranberry recipe. Of course, I had to add a /lot/ of other things. I also made some Eggplant Parmesan last week. There are a lot of recipes in the game I wouldn't mind trying for real, if I can find the ingredients. I've made a spirulina soup in the past, and that's not too far from Clint's Algae Soup recipe. I wonder where one can get white algae for Pale Broth?

Edit: Now that I've looked at the Tumblr feed I intend to try the Survival Burger recipe as soon as I get a chance. Looks delicious.

Gabaw likes this.
                          • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

There was a web page called gourmet gaming some years ago, they also posted recipes from games (like the minecraft cake, LonLon milk from TLoZ and such). But it was shut down.
                            The food looks really tasty (made me hungry again,lol).
                            I already tasted Tom Kha Soup (in RL it`s Tom Kha Gai) and it is sooooo good! And yes, it is based on coconut milk (I love coconut milk).
                            Hmmmm....I think I would like to try the pumpin pie, because I have baked some variations of pumpkin cake at home,but not the "original" one. I am from Germany, so we don`t have it in Cafes.
                            I don`t have any in-game favourite so far.
                            And I would like to add more cakes o cookies. You can never have enough cookies or cake,right?

Gabaw likes this.
                            • Eoforheard

Eggplant Parmesan was probably one of my favourites. So good. I've never heard of spirulina, but that might be something to look into for the Algae Soup/Pale Broth. Most algae is inedible, but I found out that seaweed is technically an algae, so I made an Algae Soup with that and it was good, but it wasn't quite good enough that I wanted to post it, so I'm redoing that one. I'll probably do the same idea but with a cream base for Pale Broth.

Gabaw likes this.
                              • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

YES I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE COOK STARDEW FOOD IRL

there's one other person who has posted food they cooked inspired by stardew valley that i know of ^^

Gabaw likes this.