Modding Help Making NPCs Visit Your Farm

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tenthousandcats, Mar 13, 2018.

1. tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, all! Since I married Shane, I want to make a mod that'll allow Jas to visit my farm a few days a week so she can spend time with her godfather. (I know I can just get Shane to visit Marnie's place, but where's the fun in that?)

I started by getting her to go to my farm. I gave her the same schedule that spouses follow when they're headed home ([time] BusStop -1 23 3), and it worked! She appeared on my farm at the entrance near the bus stop.
    upload_2018-3-14_4-25-15.png
    So far, so good!!!

But after a few seconds, she acted the way NPCs do when you're standing in their way (speedwalking away). She speedwalked all the way across my farm until she went off-screen.

upload_2018-3-14_4-28-21.png
    She can apparently walk on water now??? Jasus???????? (Note: she didn't destroy the bee house she walked through.)

So my next step was to figure out how to keep her on the farm. This is where I got stuck. It takes her exactly two hours to walk to my farm, so I set the schedule to this:

Tue: "610 BusStop -1 23 3/810 Farm 74 12 2 jas_jumprope/1400 Town 85 103 2/1620 Town 16 91 0/1750 AnimalShop 1 7 3" #!String

But she ignores the command to go to that spot on my farm, and just hauls ass outta there with her walking-on-water trick. Does anyone know how to work around this?

I also tried to make it so that she would only try coming to the farm if I was married to Shane. So I edited her schedule with an _inlaw_Shane suffix, but it didn't work. She ended up standing in her room all day as if she didn't have a schedule at all. Does this mean that the _inlaw suffix doesn't apply to schedules?

Thank you for the help!

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

NPC's cant visit the farm, that location as far as they know, *doesnt actually exist*
      A special exception exists so your spouse can work around this, but other NPC's wont trigger this special behaviour.

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aw, that's a shame. Looks like I'll have to get Shane out of the house more often instead. Thank you!