Making Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WMoose, Mar 18, 2013.

1. WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm establishing a thread specifically for people wanting to get together to play.

Need some suggestions for non-personal contact info. Perhaps sending private messages across the Stardew Forum? If it gets Greenlighted (I'm sure it will, it's too awesome not to,) then friending through steam would work.

If any of you guys want a solid companion to play Stardew, just holler at me!

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea, if/when it's greenlit, I'll totally post my Steam name here :D

• WMoose

I wouldn't publicly post it just to make sure spammers don't pick it up. Inboxing people would probably be a safer alternative. :)

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

Too soon.

We're not sure on which platform it will launch yet. Desura was mentionned and Steam if it got greenlighted.

• WMoose

Either way, using the forum would still be a prime way to communicate.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Aye that it would :D

• WMoose

Any of you folks that want to add me can, I will be frequenting the forum a lot.

• MrXIX

MrXIX Void-Bound Voyager

Ape will most likely have some type of official method of friend finding thing once it's released. That would seem to make sense to me.

• WMoose

That would be nice if it did, but depending on if it's on Steam or Desura, this thread will persist nonetheless. I have many other steam games that I co-op or Multiplay anyhow. It's always nice to have more friends.

• oath2order

Depending on where the game is hosted, I think a possibility for online connectivity would be an in-game friends list, to see who's online, who wanted to mulitplayer, etc

• WMoose

That would be pretty nice. I wonder about the dynamics of how people are invited to your world. Is it divided into a totally separate world? Or is it like Terraria and acts like its own universe per server?

• caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

This sounds interesting, I might join ;)

• WMoose

You totally should. No-one is going to be all that familiar with it, so it would be fun to discover all the secrets together.

• caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh yeah...

• oath2order

That's true. Be sure to share to secrets with the rest of us :p

• WMoose

Course. But no spoilers! Just random tidbits of info. :)