1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Making an RoR save editor, need some help.

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by MrPf1ster, Dec 9, 2013.

1. MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

Hey, I have some freetime now that I finished my other projects. So I thought my next one would be to make an interactive RoR save editor. The only thing i'm having problems with is the save file itself. So i'm asking the community to help me figure out which achievements are which.

Like I believe in the save file there is a isUnlocked1 = 0 (I may be wrong, on my laptop atm) I need to know which achievement corresponds to number 1.

I could do it by trial and error, but it would take longer, and i'm sure the community would help :)

Project Details:
    I'm not a incredibly talented coder but I believe this is in my limits.
    I'll be developing in Windows Visual studio on C#, meaning you'll need .Net Framework installed. So wish me luck in making it!

-UPDATE-
    Hi all, I've been procrastinating a lot on this project and i'm sorry for it. But I do have a progress update. This pastebin will be up for a month, it shows my progress so far. This pastebin wont be updated or anything but atm this is my progress with the save editor

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/TBwzVsrf

-UPDATEUPDATE-
    The Save Editor has been uploaded! Go to this thread:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/indev-risk-of-rain-save-editor.66334/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    • MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

Bumped

• kilozombie

kilozombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Fairly sure there's a guide to manually save editing... it /should/ have achievement numbers correlating to achievements. Not 100% sure though.

Good luck!

Elate and MrPf1ster like this.
        • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

• MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Interesting thingamabob. Wonder if it's possible to edit more than just save.ini files.

• MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

If you had access to game maker file then probably. But I don't so I cant expand on anything other than the save.ini.

• RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

I can get you the GM file, but there's no way to recompile it yet. You can look at all the code and sprites though.

• gamerzap

gamerzap Orbital Explorer

This thread is old, everyone knows the save values now.

And actually, someone WAS able to succesfully recompile it.​

• RiokuTheSlayer

Really? Huh. I couldn't get it at all. One thing I know is that it needs some of the Standard GM features,so

• gamerzap

gamerzap Orbital Explorer

Yeah, I think they also had to change quite a few things as well as use GM8 standard to get it to work.

• RiokuTheSlayer

I was thinking they where using a special compiler somehow, but I dunno.