Digital Making a Mark with Starbound Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The-Wolfster, Jan 30, 2015.

1. The-Wolfster

The-Wolfster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I guess it's time to make an actual mark on the forums, and what better way to do it than to start an art thread!
    Styles will likely vary between pieces, and there may be lengthy periods of time between uploads.

Requests are open! Sort of. I'm busy/distracted a lot of the time but hopefully I can spend more of my time drawing stuff, experimenting with styles, etc.

Requests can be (almost) anything starbound related, things like weaponry and ships aren't exactly my forte and extensive backgrounds I really, really need to work on. Give me a reference and I can hopefully work from vanilla assets to a lot of mod races, weapons, etc.

In any case, time for art!

[​IMG]
    My Hylotl, Sunomono (it means calm after the storm, honest)
    [​IMG]

Slick Sulphate, Novakid no 1. Pistol whip extraordinaire.
    [​IMG]
    Oxy Jenny, Novakid no 2. Has a habit of blowing stuff up. Also, science, woo!
    [​IMG]
    Kyuri, Avali no 1. Adventurer, nomad, medic. Maybe slightly insane.

[​IMG]
    Acii, Avali no 2. A champion limb slicer who has a habit of losing his head. Kind of a short fuse.
    [​IMG]
    Amaranth (A friend's character), a Floran gunmaster with a knack for adventuring.

[​IMG]
    @Oddbrother 's character Samwell, in all his shy, riot shielded glory.

[​IMG]
    @Theblocklander 's Avali, in its short, floofy stature.

[​IMG]
    @TimeCraked 's Avian explorer, feathered and ready!

[​IMG]
    @oraserat 's Glitch. Formal, stylish, fancy! And a cute hood too!

One more to do on this batch! Don't you just love when a plan comes together?

This group of Mercenary adventurers are set at least 100 years ahead of Kyuri/Acii/Amaranth's time, story-wise.

[​IMG]
    Kiyrun. Somewhat familiar to many. Likes guns, tactics, and beakseed salads.
    [​IMG]
    Kii. Kiyrun's son. Energetic, full of life... Where did he get those cybernetic schematics from?
    [​IMG]
    Pearlist, very strong/ Has a voice like the spring air/ She speaks in haiku
    [​IMG]
    Iron Deuce. Enjoys long walks, small gossip, drawing the blood of evildoers, and automato on toast.

There are 4 more characters that belong to a friend of mine in this group. I should get to drawing them soon.

Critiques and suggestions are accepted, as well as requests. Lemme know what you think!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Kaiachi, Comito, Alkanthe and 12 others like this.
  2. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

Your shading is great, and you focus on a nice and simplistic character detail. To me, there's something a little off with Slick's feet.

If you're okay with doing humans, too, I have a request: Oddbrother's post in >REQUEST ART HERE<

3. oraserat

oraserat Cosmic Narwhal

This is trikes amazing! It would be great if you could do mine!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Tada:

[​IMG]

Also, why does Acii look like he's wearing underwear .-.

Calabrese likes this.
  5. TimeCraked

TimeCraked Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG] I have a request please~
    This is Rito, my Avian fighter pilot. please do him~

6. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

Greetings there! Your work looks comical and and the shading is quite well done, looks very smooth and just lovely in general. Would love to see more!
    If you would like to accept my request I would be ever so thankful, I can wait so there is no rush if you decide to accept. Keep up the work!
    My character;

[​IMG]

7. The-Wolfster

Quick update, one request has been completed and successfully uploaded. See it in the main post!

rhomboid and Oddbrother like this.
  8. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

Good job, it looks great! :D

9. oraserat

oraserat Cosmic Narwhal

Is awesome! Can't wait till mine :D

10. Cockatoo

Cockatoo Big Damn Hero

Good job with your drawings! I love your style!

11. The-Wolfster

@Theblocklander 's request finished! Sorry once again for the late reply, I should try and focus a little more on art
    procrastination whyyyyyy....
    In any case, All the requests up to @InsanityPixelated 's will be part of the first batch of requests. I /may/ actually try another style in the next batch of requests. Who knows?

[​IMG]

12. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

IT'S SO FLUFFEH

I'm actually surprised how well it turned out-I can't get over how much I like this art style, it's by far one of my favorites. :)

And now I feel bad for Acii

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  13. oraserat

oraserat Cosmic Narwhal

Are you able to do mine? It's the second post

14. The-Wolfster

Yep! Yours is part of the second batch, don't worry. I'm still working on it.

15. The-Wolfster

Uuuurgh sorry, so damn sorry, my art tablet is just being the worst lately, not to mention college deadlines have been taking priority over most things. I've rarely been at the computer so I haven't really gotten much done at all. Here's to hoping things go smoothly from here though.

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  16. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

What tablet do you use?

17. The-Wolfster

Wacom Bamboo tablet, but when I mean the tablet's fritzy I mean the wire's bloody frayed. Should have elaborated. Also sorry if that sounded angry, I've been stupidly tired lately. I'll get a new wire soon.

18. oraserat

oraserat Cosmic Narwhal

You still alive?

19. The-Wolfster

No! Yes! Maybe!! I don't know! College exams, and procrastination, and video games, and I am only a human being, and Look! 2 More request's done! Only @InsanityPixelated left!
    (Don't you just love when you completely forget half the things you were supposed to do?)

Oh and also, I've uploaded some more characters of mine/a friend's I did whilst procrastinating about College work. Fun!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    oraserat likes this.
  20. oraserat

oraserat Cosmic Narwhal

Now that's cool :)