Modding Help Making a custom dungeon in Tiled simply does not work

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rekkandevar, Oct 25, 2019.

1. rekkandevar

rekkandevar Space Spelunker

Here's my error log:

[09:52:01.433] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MaterialException) No such material id: 0

[0] 7ff62e2da213 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff62e2d8f9e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff62e47cf68 Star::MaterialDatabase::getMaterialInfo
    [3] 7ff62e47e569 Star::MaterialDatabase::materialCollisionKind
    [4] 7ff62ea3585f Star::TilePainter::produceTerrainPrimitives
    [5] 7ff62ea24d44 <lambda_9c9bb2f7145b080c70efb75486e0bd95>::eek:perator()<std::pair<Star::Vector<int,2>,unsigned __int64> >
    [6] 7ff62ea2dccd <lambda_c86a99ddcf88db7a0d6fe56aa7ea73cb>::eek:perator()
    [7] 7ff62ea275dd Star::LruCacheBase<Star::OrderedMapWrapper<Star::FlatHashMap,std::pair<Star::Vector<int,2>,unsigned __int64>,std::pair<__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<unsigned __int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer>,Star::hash<unsigned __int64,void>,std::equal_to<unsigned __int64>,std::allocator<std::pair<unsigned __int64 const ,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer> > > > >,Star::hash<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer,void>,std::equal_to<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer>,std::allocator<std::pair<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer const ,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<unsigned __int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer>,Star::hash<unsigned __int64,void>,std::equal_to<unsigned __int64>,std::allocator<std::pair<unsigned __int64 const ,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer> > > > > > > > > const > >,Star::BlockAllocator<std::pair<std::pair<Star::Vector<int,2>,unsigned __int64> const ,std::pair<__int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<unsigned __int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer>,Star::hash<unsigned __int64,void>,std::equal_to<unsigned __int64>,std::allocator<std::pair<unsigned __int64 const ,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer> > > > >,Star::hash<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer,void>,std::equal_to<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer>,std::allocator<std::pair<enum Star::TilePainter::TerrainLayer const ,Star::MapMixin<Star::FlatHashMap<unsigned __int64,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer>,Star::hash<unsigned __int64,void>,std::equal_to<unsigned __int64>,std::allocator<std::pair<unsigned __int64 const ,std::shared_ptr<Star::RenderBuffer> > > > > > > > > const > > >,1024>,Star::hash<std::pair<Star::Vector<int,2>,unsigned __int64>,void>,std::equal_to<std::pair<Star::Vector<int,2>,unsigned __int64> > > >::get<<lambda_c86a99ddcf88db7a0d6fe56aa7ea73cb> >
    [8] 7ff62ea33c22 Star::TilePainter::getTerrainChunk
    [9] 7ff62ea3868d Star::TilePainter::setup
    [10] 7ff62ea3ccc6 Star::WorldPainter::render
    [11] 7ff62e222247 Star::ClientApplication::render
    [12] 7ff62e9ed506 Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [13] 7ff62e9ed68d Star::runMainApplication
    [14] 7ff62e227731 WinMain
    [15] 7ff62ebd07af __scrt_common_main_seh
    [16] 7fff6f737bd4 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [17] 7fff70b4ced1 RtlUserThreadStart

I have had this error every single time I have beamed to my dungeon. This is a dungeon similar to the mission ones. It doesn't generate in terrain.

I've tried everything I could reasonably do to fix this and more. I've saved everything exactly where it needs to be and set the encoding to zlib base 64. There is nothing with a material ID of zero in the entire dungeon. I know this because I've replaced the background nothing block with air multiple times just to make sure I removed every zero. That didn't work, so I tried using that hideous tile that says air on it. That didn't work either. Most recently I gave up on air entirely and replaced all the air in the entire dungeon with water just to force it to work. It threw the same error. I've opened up the protectorate dungeon in tiled and saved a copy of it with no encoding. I then checked the json and it had literal thousands of zeros in it, so I don't understand why it's throwing an error for that at all. I've made sure that every reference to my dungeon and every file involved uses the same name just to make sure I'm not beaming to something that doesn't even exist even though I know with 300% certainty that that is not the problem. I've tried checking the json for someone else's custom dungeon and that prompted me to remove every layer ID in the file. It didn't do anything. I am losing my fucking sanity over this. Please help.

2. GeekyRaptor

GeekyRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can't even get tiled to work it just loads the tileset as blank tiles, so I have no idea what to do myself... However I do believe I can say that star bound is stupid picky about even one comma or word being out of place, or non case sensitive typing of a word. So it could literally be something in the text files you have associated with your custom dungeon, however I am far from a expert on the matter.
    I've just noticed that when I make mods it's that darn awfully easy to screw up the mod and the game will just puke up an exception thrown error. My advice is check the files associated with your mod containing any text, also, maybe try taking all of your assets and copying them over to another folder and trying to start fresh?

Also, on a entirely different note are you using custom tiles? If so I read on a tutorial post that if you are you need to make a completely separate tileset for those custom sprites inside tiled, the tutorial suggested you copy a vanilla tileset from your unpacked pack folder then edit the copied art to your liking.

I hope this helps.

3. rekkandevar

I do have a modded tileset but it only affects one object and no materials

4. GeekyRaptor

5. GeekyRaptor

The later versions aren't as compatible with star bound...

6. GeekyRaptor

I am assuming that it worked out? But if not there are other people on here that might help better than me.

7. rekkandevar

nope, didn't work at all

8. GeekyRaptor

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe it's your computer?

I can't say I know if it is though... I'm green at modding myself.