RELEASED Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

1. KeatonMask

KeatonMask Void-Bound Voyager

I get the same error when trying Singleplayer or Host:

Code:
    [01:36:44.089 PM] An error occured in the base update loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'StardewValley.NPC StardewValley.Game1.getCharacterFromName(System.String)'.
       at StardewValleyMP.Vanilla.NewSaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
       at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
       at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in Z:\Projects\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 790

• Maxingzero

Maxingzero Void-Bound Voyager

Failed to call base method: UpdateTitleScreen Happens directly after hitting start from host. win10 sdv1.1 MM 2.6

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

This error is also caused by using Stardew Valley 1.11 with MM 2.6

• CaelThunderwing

CaelThunderwing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

looks like 1.11 Broke thinsg again.

• tearayxxz

tearayxxz Space Spelunker

I think mod Makeshift Multiplayer don't support StardewVellay 1.11

• spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks! It's working on v1.11 so far with 2 clients (+1host). Riverland day1.

• Shadowscythe159

Shadowscythe159 Void-Bound Voyager

It's working again! And I have information on how the Egg-Hunting festival works in Multiplayer now too.

Everyone needs to enter the town square at roughly the same time. Anyone who doesn't go gets teleported to the corner of the map and gets stuck there until they collapse at 2am.
                The festival works pretty well aside from that. The three of us that arrived at the same time were able to progress relatively normally. We were all in the same festival, but we had different egg-hunts once the event was activated with the mayor. Kinda nifty overall.

• ShinyKitten07

ShinyKitten07 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whenever my friend and I try to start a game, we get this error:
                  [​IMG]
                  we both have an updated version SMAPI and the mod. What's happening?

• saldion

saldion Void-Bound Voyager

We have a few bugs, the egg festival works only issue is when we went to the fest one friend was in the chest and he was left on the swing set with no legs until he passed out, but as long as the rest of us entered at the same time it worked fine. we skipped the flower festival, the carbon fiber rod stabs you in the head and wont let you move till you pass out, and putting your tools in chest will duplicate them or make you lose them for ever, salmonberries are client side so everyone can pick them up, so you end up with a boat load but over all pretty stable just a few issues

• shlainn

shlainn Void-Bound Voyager

This is a pretty awesome mod. We just played the whole day with Host+2 Clients, and all things considered it went pretty well. One persistant issue was that on the host I could go to bed normally, whereas on the two clients the players had to go to bed, wake up, then go to bed again to make it work. Also, can confirm the salmonberry issue saldion described. Furthermore, crate content and color can be overwritten if one of the clients creates a crate, then the other one tries to access it before the host player. If the host player looks into the crates first, everything is fine...

Keep up the amazing work!

• XxMsx

XxMsx Space Hobo

I feel stupid but, my friend and I could not get the host/client part of it to work. We tried several ip addresses and searched for a few hours. If you could be so kind and tell us how to get our ip addresses or, the correct ip address. Thank you for your time, and you're doing a great job with the mod!

• Rhapsodes

Rhapsodes Title Not Found

When you have the game set up and ready to go, go to "canyouseeme.org". Your external IP will automatically be in the bar. Just type in the port number and see if the port is opened. Also, the external IP that shows up on the website is the one you want to give to the client.

• mAthis3n

mAthis3n Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, my friend and I played for a while on this mod, then the game crashed. So we tried starting it up again, just like we have done the previous time. Now we are not able to connect. (It's so shame since we got really love this mod, it is sad to not play togheter any more. No mods other than this mod installed for us both, we have tried creating new chars and we both tried hosting the game. Any tips/solutions?

Edits: Fixed some spellings etc.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                            • spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

I was wondering why it sometimes teleports and sometimes doesn't. That's interesting, thank you.

It looks like you're using SDV 1.1, not 1.11.

That's was extremely hard to make sense of. I think I understand though, thanks.

Known issue, I hope to fix it soon.

Can you get me each of your log files right after you try to connect (or right after it crashes) (%APPDATA%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt) ?

• mAthis3n

mAthis3n Void-Bound Voyager

And it only crashed that one time and after that we have not been able to connect to eachother.

Attached Files:

• saldion

saldion Void-Bound Voyager

If you need to ask any specific questions feel free, I was Sleepy when i posted that sorry, also i had a new issue i believe its something to do with the train or something else.

I was fishing when the train sound happened my friends went to get items, I stayed Fishing. I was in the lake area and Abigail wanted to walk where i was she got frustrated and walked through me, then all of a sudden i started taking a huge amount of damage and woke up in the hospital. The train sound happened about a minute or less before i started taking damage.

The reason i think this happened is due to map loading, Because when Im fishing i see my friends foot clouds walking around on the water or behind me while i know they are in the town/farm/cave so it loads them to my map also for some reason. Im assuming the trains hitbox loads on every map at a specific location at very least the lake, and i got unlucky.

It was Pretty funny because i thought Abigail murdered me for being in her way at first lol.

edit:BTW me and shadowscythe159 are on the same map, so our egg festival issue is the same.

• Tybonkulus

Tybonkulus Void-Bound Voyager

Hey!
                                    Was playing with a friend(Colt is Client) today, this previous afternoon, and while we were able to connect and play, the game would leave the host hanging when we would sleep at night(often on the second day). I included the log here, I'll post more if we make any further attempts in the near future! :) thanks for all the great work so far, it really is an amazing job!

Attached Files:

• jcfinal

jcfinal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do you install it?