Make Your Own Music!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by johnnjlee, Apr 2, 2014.

1. johnnjlee

johnnjlee Void-Bound Voyager

I think there should be a way to make your own music using instruments. You could then upload that and have it run in the background. You should also be able to change background music to things you have discovered in the past.

• fetalstar

fetalstar 404 Artist Not Found Developer

I don't know about that, I feel the music that's in TAW is very important to the atmosphere and the environment.
      When I was playing early test builds of the game, before there was any music added in, it didn't feel right. Like there was a huge thing missing.

I think the demo was the first build that had music, and everything clicked. The music really makes it feel complete.

• Vession

Vession Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gotta agree with the above. The music in video games is generally made specifically to fit the theme and events of the game; changing the music can change our experiences quite drastically.
        On the other hand, opening up the game so that things like this can be easily changed will always be a respectful little nod to many of the more tech savy and curious fans, if not the entire fanbase.

Of course, I'd imagine the option to do this particular thing will be present either way. Just a matter of replacing the music files, though my understanding (none whatsoever) of any related issues might be a little too naive.
        tl;dr wouldn't recommend it but it'll probably be possible anyhow

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014