Make the Children you can have in the game more useful

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tom7351, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Do you think the idea posted below is a good suggestion

Poll closed Jan 8, 2018.
  1. not really

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Yes

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  1. JazeQ

JazeQ Star Wrangler

Wait, don't they become useful once you turn them into doves? :wot:

Honor Shipping likes this.
    • Romance O.E.M

Romance O.E.M Tentacle Wrangler

I love if the kids aged up from toddlers. And the school idea is brilliant. The better they are educated, the more they mature. And like a family, it would be more potent to communicate with the kids as you would with your spouse. One major thing it should give is the player a more parental role. Basically curb their behavior. Including the option to give your kids good or bad advices.
      • Can I come with you? I can help. (Sorry, it's too dangerous.) or (Sure, I could use an extra hand.)
      • Is this milk still good? (It's spoiled. Best throw it away.) or (It's fine. Waste not, want not.)
      • Hey, can I play with this? (That's a Dynamite! Give me that!) or (Sure, knock yourself out, kid.)
      Keeping your kids happy via speaking with them, giving them gifts or even an allowance/pocket money could mean...
      • They give you something of value they found as a present.
      • Keep the animals happy.*
      • Play with Jas and Vincent (maybe even develop crushes).
      • Remind you of someone's birthday and what gift they prefer.
      • And many more suggestions other users have brought up.
      However, leaving your kids to do whatever and not showing the affections they need can lead to...
      • Laziness and not tending the animals. Basically sitting around the house, watching TV, and eating up the food in the fridge.
      • Not preforming well in school, even with Penny as their mom (which could affect her mood too)
      • Be mean to Jas and Vincent.
      • Get a visit from someone in town complaining about your kid's trouble-making. Could even demand you pay for damages.
      Furthermore, seeing how there was a tree-house brought up in the thread; I would suggest an option to purchase a swing-set from Robin, which can be upgraded with an added slide, then to a fort. Something to keep them out of the house.

*As for helping out with the farm, there are some obstacles other's have brought up. Such as machines that automatically take care of the repetitive work. But there is one thing machines cannot do is show compassion. This is where the kids could make their mark. They can keep the animals in a good mood, making better produce. I would even suggest an added heart or two that only the kids can accomplish, thus making them essential to players who want the most bang for their buck. Aaaaand if the player decides to turn their kids into doves, then the animals will lose those extras hearts and remain depressed for a long while.

Orisemem likes this.
      • Aurora Moon

Aurora Moon Poptop Tamer

It would be great if The kids got to be Jas and Vincent's age and joined them for "school" at the library along with penny as their teacher.
        I'd be very content with just that... and if they hung out with the other kids instead of staying home all day. and then coming home at 7pm. I'd like it if they fixed that issue with kids not being in bed at night and just standing there staring off into space.

captain kaltz+ likes this.