1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Make RoR playable again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linio, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

So yeah, today my nephews came and told me : Could we play Risk of Rain?
    And I was like : you know what? No, since the update, we can't play together guys.

I have to say it was hard to explain to two kids why an update would break a game but hey, I guess in a world of innocence...

It's been a while now, but I have to ask again, out of cheer candeur, and since, i DO really like the game (and so do my nephews) would it be possible to have at least a configuration file to configure keys mapping for each player, since apparently it's not possible to make gamepad usable again, or should I just ask Steam to just remove the game from my library?

I'm practically begging here...

kovec and The | Suit like this.
    • FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

If I understand what you're trying to do, JoyToKey might help you do it for now.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

-.-
        Same question, same answer.
        You didn't read my message, that was my point exactly. JoyToKey can't run since the key bindings are only for one player not all of them.

• FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

Sorry, your message didn't mention JoyToKey.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

No worries.

• TheExodus59

TheExodus59 Orbital Explorer

Might sound stupid, but did you try resetting your controller settings in game to default? My xbox 360 controllers would not function with RoR after that update that broke everything. Couple months ago I was going through the settings in game, reset to default, and my controllers have worked fine ever since. Client still crashes all the time via online co-op, but eh, playable at least.