1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Maka Soul's Starbound

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by makasouleater69, Dec 23, 2015.

1. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

Economic/Economy.

2. Sir mudkip

Sir mudkip Phantasmal Quasar

my stuff is gone D:

well there gose all that work :(

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. Its not gone, but I did have to take it off the server, due to that creature mod being no good for MP. I saved your universe file, and uploaded it to drop box so you can download it. I am really sorry about that.

4. Speaking of player limit, I am not so sure I had it right with 10, it looks like some of those servers up, have 40 player limits with a worse server. So if I get to the player limit and its not lagging I will just raise the limit.

5. Sir mudkip

Sir mudkip Phantasmal Quasar

does the universe keep reseting my teleports and where i am reset agen

6. Some one was saying that their stuff reset too. I am not sure, like 7 people came in when i wasn't paying attention and they crashed the server.

7. Lore addition: First I would like to say thanks to Skullking , for making the idea, and the work behind it, so if you see him in game please give him thanks for the work behind the planet.
    There are rumors in the universe that even the most secluded among the space faring races are hearing. They are whispers mostly, in dark cantinas, and in homes aboard, late at night the whispers are spread. They say there is something happening on a distant bog world, huge in size, something that hasn't been seen in generations. These whispers hint, at the construction of mass proportion under the surface of this mysterious dark bog world.
    The whispers began with the Apex residences of this world, but you know them and their obedience to the big ape. There may be something to these rumors, or maybe it is just a conspiracy of un happy apes. We will have to wait and see what brave explorers will do with such rumors, too really understand what if anything is happening under this giant bog world, in a un explored part of the Universe.

8. Rawdy4

Rawdy4 Aquatic Astronaut

can you add the vespoids mod it would be pretty cool to have a bug race on the server

9. Sure Ill add them now.[DOUBLEPOST=1451743008][/DOUBLEPOST]Done :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451743389][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like its working fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  10. Sandman1997

Sandman1997 Starship Captain

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  11. ThunderButt55

ThunderButt55 Space Spelunker

I cant join the server... Idk why[DOUBLEPOST=1451760744][/DOUBLEPOST]can u show me how to join one?

12. That is the only amount the server can handle, in-till later when I upgrade it to a dedicated machine vrs a VDS. If you want more, its the next up on the VDS is 20 more dollars, so if some one donates I would upgrade:) But 40 is my limit I am gonna pay right now for it. 20 more would give 2 more cores, so it would raise it up to around 8 people. This game uses a lot of CPU power. I keep it so it doesn't get laggy. So a 4 core 3 ghz xeon 7690 v2 is capable of hosting 6 people. My dedicated server, my friend plans to let me put it on, should be able to handle 20 people. To run a 50 man server, you would need a serious computer, something like a dual xeon v3 3.ghz 40 core machine, which would cost like 10 grand lol, or 500 a month. The one that my friend is letting me put it on is a dual xeon 2670 with 32 cores, that should be good for 20 people.[DOUBLEPOST=1451779310][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It was more than likely full when you tried to join.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  13. Rawdy4

Rawdy4 Aquatic Astronaut

did you just add vespoids yes wow this is the first server with vespoids sorry hype

14. Your welcome :)

15. Rawdy4

Rawdy4 Aquatic Astronaut

i just wanted vespoids badly in multiplayer so ty

16. TheRedEnigma

TheRedEnigma Void-Bound Voyager

I do believe he means "Economy". Though, I am inclined to agree with petethepug. Role-play has always played quite a substantial part in countless servers. Though, being the owner of the server that would of course be your decision to make. I'm merely making a suggestion as a fan and member of the server as role-play is an activity I commonly take part in.

17. People can role play if they want. I am not gonna make it like that one RP server i joined, where they told me every one types there actions and no one does anything. I like to play hard core. There are some in there that build, there is a story behind one of them, some just play. I just play hard core and explore. There is no way to run a rule based sever in this game. I am not gonna sit and baby sit every one lol. The universe is huge, if you want to role play pick a planet, use planet chat, and dont tell any one. If some one comes and bothers you randomly, I would kick them for disturbing your peace. Same with some one who is running around pvping, or hard coring, and some one came to them and started messing with what they were doing. I view this game as I view my life, I do what I want, you do what you want, if we both want to do the same thing we can do it up.

I have no idea what your talking about with a Economy, there is no economy in this game. There never can be, you literally just add any mod you want, and you instantly have everything. So if you want to make a little fun economy with some one you trust do it up, but trying to enforce people to follow some pre set rules, with a currency, in a game like this is way to difficult. Some one would literally have to be on 24 7 monitoring the logs, monitoring what people are doing ect ect. Lol i tried that once with a Arma server, and I am not baby sitting again. So have fun in the server, don't mess with other peoples fun,and do what ever you want.

TheRedEnigma likes this.
  18. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Phantasmal Quasar

i want to help out this server since its the most current one aailable. i have some skill creating web links to mod packs and was wondering if i could get a complete list of all mods and links to the mods. i could make a mods pack were all you would have to do is replace the mods folder with the one provided

19. This is just one of them.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

So you can't just upload their files to your own website in a mod pack. If you read the original post, i put that in there. It is to difficult to try and get every ones permission to do that, and some wouldn't want it uploaded any ways. So the only way is the way it is, the list of the mods one needs is on the first post, and you just install them like it says.

20. Sorry about that, the sever is back up. I tried a new server tool, that I thought would make it easier, but it crashed it.