1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Maka Soul's Starbound

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by makasouleater69, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Gotta take the server down for a bit, to update the Kirhos mod. Please make sure you update your version of his mod, he fixed the pet problem, cause hes great like that :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451259596][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright it is back up:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
  2. Sir mudkip

Sir mudkip Phantasmal Quasar

ok new turret update has a bug where you place it it kicks you off planet or crashes you and does not place its a server only bug it seems tryed it on single player

3. Hmm. Are you placing the old turrets? The new ones are made from the wire factory table thing. Let me finish something , and I will hope on and see if we can fix it.

4. Sir mudkip

all the ones i made are from wire only 1 type of turret in that crafting station

5. hmm that is weird that you crashed, they are working here for me.

6. Sir mudkip

mmm i cant get back in ill un install then re install mod

7. Let me remove the turrets then.[DOUBLEPOST=1451271995][/DOUBLEPOST]I removed them.[DOUBLEPOST=1451275030][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I am gonna go to sleep, if you need help feel free to leave a message.

Have a good night:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  8. It will be down for a little, I am going to transfer the server from a virtual machine, which it is on, to a real dedicated machine to see if it helps any. I will update the IP soon.

9. Sir mudkip

eyes forum for server up mean wile doing song stuff

10. I am gonna just put it back up, sorry about that. The guy who was letting me use his dedicated machine, apparently broke it. So I am just putting the orginal back up. Sorry again.[DOUBLEPOST=1451318168][/DOUBLEPOST]Its back up.

11. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

.DS_Store is a mac information storage folder. It helps the system understand where the icons, folders, pngs, ect. and is not a mod at all, you can delete it.

12. Server is gonna go down for a little, I got the dedicated full machine back up for him. Just gotta transfer, I will keep a back up on the old one to make sure, the universe doesn't get deleted.

13. Its back up on the new dedicated non virtual server. [DOUBLEPOST=1451338928][/DOUBLEPOST]http://starbound-servers.net/server/3358/

Well that sucks lol, all that work, and the dedicated server is worse, I will put it back.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  14. I had to remove the more starbound Critters, the mod is to unstable, and causes way to much lag. Which, is gonna be a problem, because it glitched every planet some one visited, so if you started before i removed the mod you will have to delete your character :(. I am uploading the universe file though, so all the work is on there, and can be put on a single player and used. Sorry about that, I didn't think Starbound critters was gonna be unstable. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h3b8yq34e9zcbb/universe.7z?dl=0 . I will leave that on my drop box for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  15. petethepug

petethepug Space Penguin Leader

Are the amount of player slots going to be expanded in the future?
    Minimum of 20 - 30 players?

16. I could easily make it higher players, but to make it so it works good. For 30 players, we would need a 16 core machine, which is 179 a month, I can't afford that by my self, so the donations would have to get up there to support that. As it stands, its about 2 players per core, and I have a 4 core, and 40 a month. It is 10 dollars per core,

Donations [​IMG]

Your personal coffer (donation account) currently contains: 0.00 USD.
    These funds will be automatically used before a payment source is charged.
    More details

So :). The game uses some serious processing power. So it depends on the people really, the donations for the server, can only be used to upgrade the server. Any donations, and I will upgrade the server, and raise the player limit. The way the NFO server structure is set up, so I can instantly upgrade it.

17. petethepug

Well that could also relate to your current job, or bussnies(s), but I'm not going to go there since you have your own skills, and life,
    Donations are not the only way as well, you can also perhaps take a part time job as an artist, or game developer to make extra money for the server, but if that's what you prefer :).

18. I am fine with a 10 person server. If some one wants more players, they can donate. There arent that many people interested in it anyways. I have seen only one person who actually plays on the server.

19. petethepug

Perhaps I can help?
    Role play & Eco seems to be a very popular part on Starbound. Maybe have a custom currency, and so fourth to raise users wanting to play, and rasing awareness :).

20. What do you mean Eco?