1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Major Stuttering/Game Freezing for seconds at a time (1.3 Stable, clean install)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CIclops, Jun 9, 2017.

1. CIclops

CIclops Void-Bound Voyager

Heyyo, I'm experiencing a lot of stuttering and game freezing in the new 1.3 Stable Release, I have attempted many different fixes but nothing seems to be working (Including VSync changes, uninstall/reinstall). The issue seems to be constant. I have attempted changing the resolution, window type, and zoom to achieve better performance, no improvement yet.

No mods are installed, clean install

PC Specs:
    Intel I5-6600k
    MSI Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
    16GB Ram

Anybody else having same issue/Can reproduce?

Any help would be amazing!

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Interesting. I have an almost identical setup. The difference is that I have an EVGA GPU. I just tested some and had no trouble (explored a bit of a planet and spent some time at the Outpost). Everything ran fine at 60fps. Granted it was a new character so I didn't have a large colony or anything similar to see if that would cause lag.

Edit: I'm playing on borderless window and also have a clean install with no mods.

3. Leeroyzen

Leeroyzen Tentacle Wrangler

It seems to worsen with the more NPCs you have on your screen. I basically can't play with crewmember or pets because enemies keep freezing here and there.