Mah Random Fan ART

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chemicalfreak, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Chemicalfreak

Chemicalfreak Space Spelunker

This thread is just a place where I post random fan art and take requests. I will post requests in the art forums of:
    - Vector/Photoshop Drawings
    - Sprites/Pixel Art
    - Pencil/Paint and other Traditional Art Media

As I said before, requests are OPEN. For those of you who noticed some of the images are gone, I decided to upload them here as I want this thread to be my better art. I uploaded the missing images here:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/chemicalfreaks-crap-art-thread.4624/
    The Magneray was going to amount to something, but I decided to post what I'd done. I'm not going to finish it. I was actually going to post it in a contest entry form (even though there is no contest to design a weapon).

Requests: OPEN

-Inkheart: Done
    -DeusExel: In Progress (no. 2)
    -Breather: In Progress

Attached Files:

ThomasDekker likes this.
  2. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Oh heck request :D
    If you can draw me a muffin that would be spectacular.
    What kinda? Probably chocolate flavoured with some sprinkles on it.
    Well have fun with it :D

3. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

request 'eh? try to to sprite these, please. It's a challenge^^

Attached Files:

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Y U BE SO GOOD AT ART!? But seriously, you doing different styles and each being absolutely amazing... well, is amazing! Love it! :rofl:

Chemicalfreak likes this.
  5. Chemicalfreak

Like this? If you don't like it or want me to change something, just tell me and I'll fix it up. :)

Attached Files:

6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Hmm, now I have to do a request. Well, my request is: A big, greenish blue (like the color of my avatars skin) monster. He's sad and looking down at a red hat (also the same type of hat in my avatar). Take your time! Thanks.

7. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Ah it's just great :D Thanks for the muffins! I'll be sure to save it for some research in the future. * evil grin *

8. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Wow, you're good! Keep it up mate!

9. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

I like the art-style, and the shadowing is quite nice, even though it could be improved.

10. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Oh my god... It's a giant penguin... We're all... GONNA... DIE!!!!!!

But at least we got a chocolate sprinkled muffin of love :)

Very nicely drawn of you, as always, and keep it up!

(Random question, do you have a DeviantArt account?)

11. Chemicalfreak

12. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

13. Maplestrip

it actually says "ments/cute-potato-monster-bamseper-jpg.2841/" ;)

14. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Haha, I know xD

15. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

they look pretty cool :) mind trying mine? my spoiler tag in my sig has a very detailed request inside :)

Maplestrip likes this.
  16. Maplestrip

Woah, it's become a lot more detailled since the last few times I looked at it...
    Sweet! :D
    I hope he'll draw you, Chemicalfreak is pretty good, he made one for in my sig :)

Chemicalfreak and shadowcrazy like this.
  17. Chemicalfreak

Lolz,
    Just replying to everyone, I haven't forgotten you guys, I've just been kinda busy, all requests are coming soon. :)

shadowcrazy and Maplestrip like this.
  18. Chemicalfreak

A first attempt at spriting, so it's probably not too good, but it's as good as I can get.
    If you can't find it, it was uploaded at the top of the thread. ;)

19. Maplestrip

Interesting. Your sprite isn't bad, but I think you might treat is too much as a drawing (which is only logical)
    You should try to use some less colors. For example, take 10 colors and force yourself only to work with those 10. Starting with something a bit simpler might be a good idea as well (if you do something simpler, you also need less colors)
    I think the best pixelartist use about 5 or 6 colors per colorscheme. I'm not one of them, though, but I hope it helped :)

20. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

hehe not bad! go on with doing reqests. It's a great test for your skill ;P Btw: It's great for a first attempt^^