1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Magma surfacebiome

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ashen, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiy posted on his twitter about "Yay generic particle system is a go!" along with this picture... Now what caught my attention was the tab at the top next to torch.object it says magma surfacebiome. Do you think this could indicate a planet being entirely magma or simply restricted to biomes of lava?

https://twitter.com/#!/Tiyuri

[​IMG]

2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I'd certainly hate to spawn there.

Ashen and M C like this.
  3. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Probably a mini biome with lava, so that lava planets have lava lakes on the surface.
    I doubt that the entire surface is lava.

M C likes this.
  4. Lollerpops

Lollerpops Void-Bound Voyager

That'd definitely be exciting though haha

5. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They told me skipping across rocks in rivers would be a waste of time. Hehehe.

6. mrc

mrc Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

i know its tentacle planet but magma surface - biome should be like that. with dangeous caves , volcanos , burned terrain etc.

7. Lollerpops

Lollerpops Void-Bound Voyager

That looks awesome! I like the tentacles especially..they make it look really cool ^.^

8. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is what I am hoping for, but knowing some procedurally generated things in other games it could turn out horrendously hot for a lone planet hopper... Of course I would love to see a suite that would withstand lave for exploring under-lava structures. And I thought that just exploring under water could be nerve racking imagine your suite suddenly beeping and blooping at you that a imminent tear in the left foot seem is happening. =O

9. SyberSmoke

SyberSmoke Subatomic Cosmonaut

A Lava world (Venus or Mercury) would probably be on the high end of the hostile worlds chart. It does not seem like something you would go to with out proper protection and SPF 1000. That said I kind of imagine it being bare stone and pools of liquid rock or even metals. Not some place you would want to call home...but probably some place very rich in easy to get at materials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.