Magic's Many Fanarts

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by MagicallyClueless, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Raskolnikovian

Raskolnikovian Void-Bound Voyager

Ohhhhhhh, I haven't said anything on the forums yet, but I can't resist giving some input on this kind of thing. It looks like people have been pulling from Final Fantasy-type classes. I'll just go for D&D basic classes.

Alex: Fighter, probably of the greatsword/greataxe variety, or a barbarian (ie. hit all the things, not very smart)
    Elliot- Bard, no change there! He's... such a bard.
    Harvey: Wizard, from an edition where they could have healing spells. I'd say cleric, but Harvey seems more the bookish type than the pious type. (Clerics get their healing powers from devotion to a deity or ideal in D&D, wizards are all about books)
    Sam: Fighter, standard sword/shield variety.
    Sebastian: Sorcerer. A la D&D, that's a spellcaster whose powers are innate rather than learned, but that doesn't mean you don't benefit from being smart and practicing. People just expect that you don't have to try.

Abigail: Fighter, but of the dexterity/duelist variety. You know, like Inigo Montoya. (I have this funny feeling that the reason she isn't part of Solarion Chronicles night is because she always wants to be the knight and then doesn't want to play it the way Sam would.)
    Haley: Rogue (thief). I liked Haley well enough once I got to know her, but she is in no way the kind of person who would be on the front lines. Plus, a lot of the rogue mains I've known are completely happy to let the rest of the party do all the fighting for them even if they're a team player otherwise.
    Leah: Druid or ranger. Either involves loving and protecting nature, and she could have a rabbit for her animal companion.
    Maru: Wizard, probably one that specializes in constructs (inanimate creations made animate through magic). Also, in D&D, sorcerers and wizards do not get along. At all. So bonus points for enhanced sibling rivalry!
    Penny: Cleric (healer). She's pretty much the essence of a support character. Definitely not a paladin, she lacks the initiative for that.

(I'm really pleased this community seems so nice and friendly, btw! Though it makes sense with a game like this.)

(P.S. Magicallyclueless, your art is adorable! I honestly really didn't pay attention to Sebastian before I happened across the forums, and I was definitely missing out.)

Alkanthe and MagicallyClueless like this.
    • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

Welcome to the forums!! I agree that the community is really nice and friendly! I think that's why I'm so deep in the stardew valley hole at the moment, hahaha. And thank you so much for the compliments <3 i am more than happy to spread the sebastian love~

I was actually trying to think if I should give the same class to different characters, but make them different in some way. I'll consider the options you gave, I really like the way they sound!

BARBARIAN FOR ALEX! THAT'S what I was looking for. That sounds more like him. Thinking of his outfit will be interesting. I just keep imagining Tarzan. (I am not going to draw him like Tarzan, but... that's just... what my brain wants me to see)

The reason I'm putting Sebastian under Wizard is because that's his preferred class in-game (I think he teases you if you end up choosing his class) but I mean Wizard is a pretty broad term so I could probably get away with sorcerer or something similar. Either way, I think he'd be very power-magic centered and rock the awesome magical cloaks. I might end up not "naming" the classes when I do the artwork, so people can describe them however they want. I still need the class names for myself though because I'll be looking up all kinds of costumes and determine what looks the best for them.

I love that everyone's agreeing Elliot is a bard xD I was scared I got the wrong term, but it sounds like that's not the case.

I like the Abigail suggestion, because I want her to be with a classic sword/shield but I understand her not being the bulky guardy type. I instantly imagined Abigail in Inigo Montoya's clothes, lmao. It... actually looks pretty good?????

Thanks for the clarification on Harvey's class! I want him to be some kind of healing magic guy, but I was like "eehhh" when I suggested priest. Something more bookish definitely fits him.

Maru sounds like a summoner wizard. I love the way that sounds.

And yeah, I can agree with Penny as a support character. I know she really loves reading books, it was just hard for me to think of one that involved that kind of thing? She's the one that gives the buffs I imagine xD

Alkanthe likes this.
      • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

(lmaoing at inigo abitoya)
        [edit]
        i couldn't help it
        [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
        • MagicallyClueless

THAT IS AMAZING
          the moustache just
          puts it all together omg

10/10

about drew and rhomboid like this.
          • Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

That gave me a good laugh.
            I'm not an experienced RPGer either, but I don't think many people will disagree with the more educated suggestions that have been made. There's good variety.
            I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

rhomboid and MagicallyClueless like this.
            • Raskolnikovian

Raskolnikovian Void-Bound Voyager

@rhomboid
              That's the best Inigo cosplay ever! The mustache is definitely what separates the wannabes from the pros.

I'm glad my suggestions are good for thought, magicallyclueless. I think that base class overlap is nothing to worry about. It's pretty standard, really, with fantasy class systems! D&D might have a lot of different spellcaster classes but it isn't wrong to just say wizard, either.

Also, pfft, Tarzan Alex the barbarian! I can't wait to see what you come up with, but that by itself would be hilarious. And a little ic? Our Alex is not too bright.

• about drew

about drew Phantasmal Quasar

Can't wait for your adaptations. Especially Sam. He's my favorite. I agree with several of the people here and think a sword-and-shield warrior type would be fitting.

Iffydust and MagicallyClueless like this.
                • MagicallyClueless

i been lackin lately, but i have a little more time until my final two exams
                  so have this sketch i did:

[​IMG]

probably not going to finish it today, but i'll be honest. i just wanted to draw this and make sam tower over everybody

(also drawing abigail had me realize how many design choices my farmer has in common with her lmao)

(p.s. the arcade machine is tall but i wAS REALLY PROUD TO HAVE THE ARMS LIKE THAT AND I AM NOT GOING TO RUIN THEM OKAY)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
                    clxire, Megzzzx, elebuu and 12 others like this.
                  • about drew

Sam art *0*
                    i cri

• MagicallyClueless

i need to draw sam more honestly, he is such a fun and nice character
                      (and one of my friends has a hardcore crush on him)

Iffydust, Anushka.C and about drew like this.
                      • about drew

He's my favorite so much

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                        • Tsukuru

Tjlsdflvbjl group picture! So nice! Good luck with your finals, btw :) why are everyone's avatars facing left

• Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

• MagicallyClueless

I LAUGHED VERY LOUDLY

@Tsukuru Thank you! <3 <3 They'll be easy I think, or at least one of them will be. I'll still try to study though. OTL

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

LOL the look on your farmers face is priceless. I'd make the same face honestly, that game frustrates me to no end lol! You're probably one of my favorite artists here, your style is so cute! Also, I'm still working on the sketch of your farmer, I hope to have her complete soon! <3 I was sidetracked by a few other things! ^_^;;

• MagicallyClueless

Thanks! My farmer makes weird faces at the screen when she gets IN DA ZONE. And yes, that game is honestly the worst. Behind the junimo cart game.

Ahhh, I look forward to seeing it!! <3 Thank you!!

Alkanthe likes this.
                                  • MagicallyClueless

[​IMG]

my farmer and alex (WIP of course)

they became buddies after she decked him in the face

clxire, Megzzzx, Iffydust and 6 others like this.
                                    • Tsukuru

Wow I didn't expect him to be THAT huge compared to her. Cute picture though! Can't wait to see the finished thing :)

• MagicallyClueless

she's a shorty and i'm going off the good ol' pixel height chart that indicates he is 6 feet tall

xD but my fun little chibi style probably distorts their heights anyway

Tsukuru likes this.
                                        • Tsukuru

She'd be lucky to reach his face with her fist if they were standing up ;)

Alkanthe and MagicallyClueless like this.