Magical and Fantasy Themed Clothing

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Alternal, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Even if you don't use them yourself, would you like to see magic/fantasy themed clothing in-game?

1. Yes!

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Nope.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

So to start off, I should make it clear that I'm not saying "hey let's have magical enchanted armour".
    Although I do have an argument for "magic" in Starbound. Off topic....
    As the title suggests, this is magical themed armour and clothing, a large vanity set basically. So, nothing magical about them, but they look like they could be used by a mage, wizard, magical warrior, they're fantasy items essentially.

So the reason I'd like this, is because I know that there are many people who are sour over the news that there will be no "magic" in Starbound, myself included. However I've always been one to love the look of magical items. I mean sure, techy, space-age armour is cool in all, but fantasy robes and the like will always have a place, and since all of the races of Starbound are all at different times in their technological development, there is definitely room for these items, as ceremonial garbs, or even as just that races fashion, or cosplay, who knows?

Basically, these sets can be pretty much everything, I mean even in the real world you can get this stuff. All the basic magic themed items really, so robes, garbs, wizard and witch hats, extremely ornamental armour, magical girl/boy outfits, pretty much anything you can think of.
    With the procedural way this game is designed, these will only add more diversity for each player, and as Starbound's fans love customization, this only adds to the game.
    As always thanks for the read!

What does everyone think?

2. Alternal

Either or, I mean any race could have this stuff really. Apex and the Robots likely wouldn't but anyone else could.

And yeah, it would be social slot gear so you still have your armour underneath.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Probably will be some of this type of gear in the game. Check out the screenshot showing the castle themed medieval building. I think it should be, anyway. I know it's a space themed game but there can't be super advanced civilizations on every planet.

4. Alternal

Yep! We still have swords, spears and the like, so nothing is really out of place.

5. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

IE, maybe Avians, sense they are tribal, should have shaman clothing, witch doctor clothing, ETC. I like the idea.

Alternal likes this.
  6. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

I know I would use it if it is in the game!
    It would fit a few character concepts very well, and anything to add more appearance choices is great in my opinion! :DD

7. Alternal

Mmmmhm!
    That was the plan hahah, some characters could look extremely different too. I mean space marine compared to magic man.

britefire likes this.
  8. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

What about a space marine with a generic fantasy wizard hat?
    So many possibilities! :rainbow:

Alternal likes this.
  9. WickedWitch

WickedWitch Big Damn Hero

Just look at my customized avatar and that's what I want in terms of witch stuff, maybe more.

I'll settle for the hat, and the cat pet.

Purely cosmetic ofc :p

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  10. This is difficult to explain.
    If they're just costumes, that don't provide any benefit, I'm okay with it.
    Otherwise, I'm not.

There are already special costumes for the game, and I think they work, because they're just costumes.
    But to have them in gameplay just doesn't suit me, for reasons that are very complex.

Britefire likes this.