Modding Help Madtulip's Spaceship Mod: Manually adding race support?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by shinyarceus4, Oct 9, 2016.

1. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've been using Madtulip's Spaceship Mod; while it has compatibility for most race mods, there are others (particularly newer ones) that aren't supported, and there hasn't been any updates to the mod for nearly a month, race compatibility or otherwise. Does anyone know how I'd add compatibility for a race myself?

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Code:
    [
          {"op":"add",
                "path":"/speciesShips/<your race>",
                "value":[
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T0.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T1.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T2.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T3.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T4.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T5.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T6.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T7.structure",
                    "/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T8.structure"
                ]
            }
    ]

or more likely (since im pretty sure steam mods have load priority):
    Code:
    [
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/0","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T0.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/1","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T1.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/2","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T2.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/3","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T3.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/4","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T4.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/5","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T5.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/6","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T6.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/7","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T7.structure"},
           {"op":"replace","path":"/speciesShips/<your race>/8","value":"/ships/human/madtulip_human_ship_T8.structure"}
    ]

replace <your race> with the desired race >> save the file as 'universe_server.config.patch' >> put it in a folder >> put that folder in the mods folder
    This is untested as i have not ever actually run the mod, but it should work. Let me know if you do run into issues.

3. shinyarceus4

Sorry about the late reply, but it doesn't seem to be working for me; I'm still stuck with the default ship for the race.

4. IHart

did you try both
    did you start a new character
    do you have madtulips mod installed

5. shinyarceus4

Yes, yes, and yes. Madtulip is installed via steam, if that helps.

6. shinyarceus4

Anyone? Neither of the proposed solutions work...

7. IHart

which race are you trying to add, ill try tinkering with it

edit: the second patch works seamlessly with every race i have tried it with, your error lies elsewhere.
    to diagnose please provide a screencap of your patch file and its location in the file structure as well as the a pic of the new character generating with the old ship.
    please and thanks.

edit edit: is the race mod you are trying to add installed via steam as well?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  8. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

IHart's patch works for me and my race, and for what it's worth I'm using the nonsteam version of my mod.

9. shinyarceus4

The race in question is the Kazdra race mod, also installed via Steam. I've attached my universe_server file to this post; assuming it affects anything, I should also inform you that I made a .metadata file for the patch.

Proof:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. IHart

change from .txt to .patch, if you still have issues share said metadata file

11. IHart

thanks for giving it a try, great mod btw, especially love the armor sets

12. shinyarceus4

I had to convert it to .txt for the file uploader to accept it. I assure you that it is a .patch in the actual folder.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. IHart

and exactly where are they placed in the file structure

14. shinyarceus4

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\Madtulip Even More Races

15. IHart

does it work without the metadata file?

16. shinyarceus4

Unfortunately, no.

17. shinyarceus4

Anything? I'd like to know why the steam versions seem incompatible.

18. IHart

there is nothing wrong with the steam version, my test used the steam version and worked fine. the error is local.

19. shinyarceus4

What exactly am I doing wrong, then? I've attached the actual mod this time.

Attached Files:

• halp.zip
      File size:
      605 bytes
      Views:
  20. IHart

i extracted your files and they worked fine. do you have any other mods in your mods folder?

edit: provide log file for a failed instance

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016